removal of a clam

paul692

Market
Reaction score
what is the safest way to remove a crocea clam from a rock without harming it? it has been on the rock for about 15 months.i want to landscape it differently. thanks

paul692;105919 wrote: what is the safest way to remove a crocea clam from a rock without harming it? it has been on the rock for about 15 months.i want to landscape it differently. thanks

I would suggest leaving it- most clam that decline do so after someone decides to mobe it unnecessarily. But, if you must, take a sharp razor blade, and cut the byssal thread AS FAR FROM THE CLAM as you can.

i would suggest what andy says or not movve him at all wish i would have thought about that i almost killed my clam by taking him of a rock about a moths ago you could see threw him it has recovered and looks better but for a while i thought he was a gonner good luck victor

Yep agreed with above. Claims can easily loose their foot and not recover. Some do but you are risking the overall health of the clam if you do this.

I'd like to move my clam, as while i was acclimating him to the new MH, I said him on the bottom of the tank. I know he;d be happier closer to the light, but he doesn't know that, and attached within a few hours on a base rock under the substrate. Now that I'm using a bulb that puts out less par, I'm hoping he'll dislodge himself (in an attempt to find better lighting, at which point I'll stick him on the rocks.

Does this sound likely to happen? I wouldn't attempt to move him forcfully if he's happy where he's at.

Back