Replace AI Sol Blue Fan?

budsreef

Market
Reaction score
I have an AI Sol Blue fixture that shuts off when it heats up because the fan does not work and it may not have ever worked. Has anyone tried to replace a fan on these?

Dont know about sol. Im sure its a easy fix. I have replaced fans on may t5 fixtures just a few screws and plug and play sometimes you have to splice. What ever you do try and buy OEM parts that way you know the wattage and voltage is the same.

Hey Bud, Im pretty sure I have an extra fan for that model. Trade you for a power supply?

I would call manufacturer and see what they say. I had to replace my radions fans and they shipped me brand new ones for free. Took about 10 seconds to install.

Bud - I haven't replaced the fan on an AI, but I changed out the circuit board on one and have swapped pucks many times.. In doing that, the fan looked very modular with a plug to the board. Looked like a simple change out. I've had to blow my fans out with compressed air from time to time too. I thought one was dead, but all it needed was a cleaning. You can get all the parts direct from C2 Development.

McPhock;974339 wrote: Hey Bud, Im pretty sure I have an extra fan for that model. Trade you for a power supply?

Sorry but I don't have a power supply and I'm not sure yet if I need a new fan.

JJ Ocean;974437 wrote: Bud - I haven't replaced the fan on an AI, but I changed out the circuit board on one and have swapped pucks many times.. In doing that, the fan looked very modular with a plug to the board. Looked like a simple change out. I've had to blow my fans out with compressed air from time to time too. I thought one was dead, but all it needed was a cleaning. You can get all the parts direct from C2 Development.

Thanks, John!

As I suspected this one never worked, I just never knew for sure until now since I used to run it at very low power so it never heated up enough for the fan to turn on. I took the one that doesn't work apart and also one that does work planning on swapping the fans to see if it was the fan or not. First thing I noticed was the plug on the non-working one was turned around on the mother board. Since the fan is DC it could never have worked. I swapped the wires in the connector on the fan end and put everything back together. Hopefully having the polarity reversed on the fan didn't damage anything. I'll find out a little afternoon once the lights turn on 100%. Keeping my fingers crossed!

jrhunter0000;974590 wrote: Should be a push plug and a few screws fans are cheap but again i would buy OEM right from sol

Good advice and will definitely do so if I didn't fix it already.

Woohoo! The fan just came on! Now we'll see if the light stays on the rest of the day!

First thing I noticed was the plug on the non-working one was turned around on the mother board

Must have been put together last thing on Friday or first thing Monday ;-)

Got love when you can trouble shoot things like that!

Thanks guys! Looks like all is well, no noticeable damage due to the miss-wired connector.

Back