Required Skills for this hobby

tim8111

Market
Reaction score
I was pondering the other day.....

How many skills does one need to really do this hobby. Now granted you don't have to be a master of them but you must have some basic grasp of them.
<ol>
<li>Carpentry - To build Stand and Canopy</li>
<li>Electrical - To install lights and figure how not to overload the circuit</li>
<li>Plumbing - Got to figure out the hydraulics and not cause a spill</li>
<li>Marine Biology - Care and Compatibility of the animals we keep</li>
<li>Chemistry - To keep the water in check and add the appropriate dosage of additives.</li>
</ol>I am sure there is more I just can't come up with them now. :D Is there any I am leaving out?

Tim

tim8111;143897 wrote: I was pondering the other day.....

How many skills does one need to really do this hobby. Now granted you don't have to be a master of them but you must have some basic grasp of them.
<ol>
<li>Carpentry - To build Stand and Canopy</li>
<li>Electrical - To install lights and figure how not to overload the circuit</li>
<li>Plumbing - Got to figure out the hydraulics and not cause a spill</li>
<li>Marine Biology - Care and Compatibility of the animals we keep</li>
<li>Chemistry - To keep the water in check and add the appropriate dosage of additives.</li>
</ol>I am sure there is more I just can't come up with them now. :D Is there any I am leaving out?

Tim

Mis Post

Victor's in the hobby, so skills are obviously not a requirement! :)

You forgot:

Programing-so you can program your controller

Creativity-so you can come up with stories to bs your wife about how much this hobby really costs.

Housekeeping-so you can clean up that monster spill before your wife notices or you damage your floors!

tnyga;143900 wrote: Mis Post

I was going to post something as a smart a@@ but decided it may have been in poor taste to some here so decided not to:(

You forgot the skill of spending large amounts of money for things people not in the hobby look at for 2 seconds and say o thats nice.

Skriz;143934 wrote: Victor's in the hobby, so skills are obviously not a requirement! :)

You forgot:

Creativity-so you can come up with stories to bs your wife about how much this hobby really costs.

Housekeeping-so you can clean up that monster spill before your wife notices or you damage your floors!
dude im so gonna kick your *** next time i see you :yes:

Platyplakia;143921 wrote: I've got skills with a bowstaff. Does that count?

You know I don't think that will actually help you with your tank unless you got a 4' worm coming at you. :)

Skriz;143934 wrote: Victor's in the hobby, so skills are obviously not a requirement! :)

You forgot:

You know I forgot about Victor. :D j/k

3 good skills to have. Of course I don't have to worry about #2 there.

tnyga;143938 wrote: I was going to post something as a smart a@@ but decided it may have been in poor taste to some here so decided not to:(

Well you know there is always someone that can't resist. :)

kzoo;143941 wrote: You forgot the skill of spending large amounts of money for things people not in the hobby look at for 2 seconds and say o thats nice.

Yep, been there. Heck, try to explain to people why you started a business selling these things..... Doesn't work too well sometimes. :)

Victor626nj;143942 wrote: dude im so gonna kick your *** next time i see you :yes:

Don't you two say that everytime? And twice now you have both been over buying stuff and no violence yet. I am getting disappointed with all the talk and no violence.

:D

How about;
Photography skills .... to take pics of all the god d&*( hitchhikers that we can't identify lurking in our tanks!

Z

tim8111;143947 wrote: Don't you two say that everytime? And twice now you have both been over buying stuff and no violence yet. I am getting disappointed with all the talk and no violence.

:D

Watch out he may come over and reaquascape your tanks. :):)

Victor's in the hobby, so skills are obviously not a requirement!

That is an excellent point. But I think that needs to be another thread by itself. Sort of how does he do it type of thread.

You know guys, I think we all give Victor a little to much hell. :) He is a good guy. But at least he gives it back too.

dough;143956 wrote: That is an excellent point. But I think that needs to be another thread by itself. Sort of how does he do it type of thread.
im just very good with money dude ...i did alot of stupid **** that i made money off and unlike most people spending it on big chaines and 30"tires i saved it put my money in the bank and let it collect intrest ....:thumbs: ....and now i can take a break from work llike i have ....ive also worked since i was about 12 years old..:roll:

tim8111;143958 wrote: You know guys, I think we all give Victor a little to much hell. :) He is a good guy. But at least he gives it back too.
ah your just saying that cause i give you all my money :D

dough;143963 wrote: Tim, that is leaving the door wide open for more comments!

Chance you take.....

Victor626nj;143965 wrote: ah your just saying that cause i give you all my money :D

Yep! :) Honesty is the best isn't it? j/k No I think you are a standup guy even if you don't buy from me.

tim8111;143958 wrote: ... :) He is a good guy. But at least he gives it back too.

Vic must've bought some of the sweet lovin'</em> that was on sale the other week!

Back