Retro fitting an Eclipse hood...

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I've been struggling with what light fixture to use on my daughters tank. Then it dawned on me that I could probably retro fit the spot where the existing T-12 bulbs are. I've never done anything like that before, but I'm pretty handy. Do they make a 30 inch retro kit that would be easy to install? I suppose I could go with 24 inch if it were easier to find.

I wish I could take a picture of the thing, but it's up at Fish Scales right now! It's really just a piece of plastic that hinges into the frame around the tank. There is a plastic box covering the bulbs that could probably be reused.

Current USA used to make PC retrofit kits...

Wavepoint makes a 24" 4x retrofit that measures 8.125" x 2.25" ... but that might be too big.

Jenn

Nevermind, Jenn. I see a price of $199 and that's WAY more than I'm looking to spend! :)

Current doesn't make the retrofit anymore... Coralife makes one - but not sure if it would fit.. the all-in-one (Nano/Biocube) kind of replaced the notion of retrofitting an Eclipse.

The Eclipse that gnashty just bought from me had a PC retro in it - single lamp - used to be my old seahorse tank.

You never know if you keep your eyes peeled you might find a used one out there someplace.

Jenn

I just bought 10 24" 14w t5 fixtures for 30$ On eBay from nova they are not high output but multiple bulbs at low price may make up for that

Back