Rich’s DIY ATO a bunch of other letters

Looks interestin Rich, I did pretty much the same thing with a Kent float valve, 1 normally open float switch, 120v/24v transformer, rib relay, receptacle and an aqua lifter pump. Set the pump up with 1/4" tubing going into a 10 gallon covered bucket.
Float switch is the redundant cutoff with the float switch energizing the receptacle which the pump is plugged into.

Interesting what a little control experience can accomplish, by the way like the panels and if you ever are in need of some hoffman cans let me know I have alot in stock in 24x24 all the way up to 30x42 size and lots of 10x10, 8x10, 12x10 nema 1 and nema 3. Left over from days I specialized in ddc control systems for hvac equipment

Will definately keep you in mind on the enclosures. I will let Mike know as well. We don't get a ton of that stuff but now and again we run into something. That enclosure was one we had setting in the shop. Not sure where it came from but it was in pristine conditions so I figured I would go ahead and use it. Doing that kind of stuff takes me back to my roots. Having started my career in the mines I could draw up and build a panel like that long before I knew what a 1/2" bender was. LOL

Just a little update. Still working like a camp although it is now on my 125. :)

When my lights are off (like this morning) there is no sound whatsoever generated by my set up. So while sitting at my desk this morning I was able to hear the top of water trickling into my sump and it made me think of this thread. This DIY ATO has now served two tanks and is fast approaching one year old. During this time, it has preformed flawlessly. Got to love it when you can build something for next to nothing that would otherwise cost better than $100.

Nice panel work. Nice to see someone take pride in their work. I enjoy wiring, so for me I like making it look nice and clean. When I add to an existing panel, I like to make it look like I was never there.
Boy have I seen some real rats nests too!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

MC524;822592 wrote: Nice panel work. Nice to see someone take pride in their work. I enjoy wiring, so for me I like making it look nice and clean. When I add to an existing panel, I like to make it look like I was never there.
Boy have I seen some real rats nests too!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

LOL Yes, I have seen a few that would scare the pants off of you over the years. I think most of them were done by WMBoots. hehehehehehe :lol2:

:D
Yeah it amazes me that some of the wiring I have seen even worked. I won't even work on stuff like that. I usually tell the customer to rip out the rats nest and I will install the circuit like it should be. Proper terminals, nice tube style Wire labeling, actual prints, it will look nice and always work. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

ichthyoid;822622 wrote: Not just prints, but accurate 'as built's are what I like.'

Bill, Ralphs Rules of Renovation state "As Builts....Arnt". LOL
They also state that when contemplating a renovation project you must first realize that Murphy was and optimist. :thumbs:

rdnelson99;822593 wrote: LOL Yes, I have seen a few that would scare the pants off of you over the years. I think most of them were done by WMBoots. hehehehehehe :lol2:

Hmmmmmmmmmm I represent that !

1-1/2 years later and still working flawlessly. Has never failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sewer Urchin;877832 wrote: The equipment may work flawlessly.... but how about the operator, hmmm

Now that is another subject. :)

I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not.... cool little project, I liked the presentation you gave on it. If it wasn't for Jeff's CO2 scrubber I'm sure it would have won best gadget.

That was a great contest, who came up with the idea I wonder if there is a member that could pick up the reins

Sewer Urchin;877942 wrote: I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not.... cool little project, I liked the presentation you gave on it. If it wasn't for Jeff's CO2 scrubber I'm sure it would have won best gadget.

That was a great contest, who came up with the idea I wonder if there is a member that could pick up the reins

I believe it was Seth or Dylan but not certain.

Back