Ro/di tds

I am looking to buy and RO/DI filtration system I just wanted to see if someone may have one to sell on here before I go and drop $150 on a new one.

I bought a used ro/di in part of a package deal. Ended up replacing everything in it which I knew going in. I use the hand held TDS meter and make water once every 10 days for about 8 hours.

When I operate mine, I run the flush for 2.5 minutes, then through the membrane for 2.5 minutes, then I connect the resin chamber. I tested it and for me, it takes 2.5 minutes for flush to drop to a stable level and the same time for the membrane. I don't have to flush the resin as it always comes out right away at 0 once I've flushed the other areas.
I think I have about 80 TDS from the tap, 60 out of my filters, 3 out of my membrane and then 0 out of the resin.

And fyi, I learned the hard way, an old membrane does not restrict flow, it allows more flow and lets the junk through.

my 2 cents.

joseayes;861512 wrote: Buying a used unit, did you put everything in a good wash before installing any filters in the unit? Then did you install new Di resin in a used membrane? Did you knew for how long that membrane, if you had it when you got the used unit, was left alone with out water running through it? Just asking

Btw welcome to ARC! ! :)

The unit was sitting but it had water in it, I didn't flush it out before installing the new filters, now that I think about it, I should have because one of the filters was pretty clogged. I'll flush it out when I get home. Still waiting on the DI resin and membrane to come home. I also got some TBS calibration solution to make sure the meter isn't lying to me.

sargent1981;861537 wrote: I am looking to buy and RO/DI filtration system I just wanted to see if someone may have one to sell on here before I go and drop $150 on a new one.

Check in the Drygoods Forum, I have one for sale and I can let u have for almost half of what your thinking to expend
Check your inbox
showthread.php

heathlindner25;861530 wrote: the directions for a duel in line TDS meter say to calibrate it with a342ppm solution

Yeah I believe that most RO/DI calibrate to 1000 or 342 depending on the brand

Ro Filter Is Definitely Worth The Money. I Calculated Out Water And estimated Waste Water Usage, And 200 Gallons Is A Little Less Than A Dollar With The Per Thousand Gallon Price A Month. With Water At A Lfs BEing 50 Cents A Gallon Even 50 Gallons A Month Ends Up Being 25 Bucks. It Pays For Itself In No Time At All.

Well, the filter is set up, just need the TDS meter. It has a written guarantee of 0 ppm that comes with it. We will see when I get my TDS meter. The garden hose adapter leaks/sprays, and wont tighten to get a good seal. Got that extra, it comes with a bathroom sink adapter but my faucet does not have threads like that. even with the bad seal on the adapter it puts out clean and waste water at a steady rate.

DI filter says it's good for 500 gallons...

Grab a garden hose gasket from Home Depot or Lowes, if that doesn't take care of it maybe a little Teflon tape will help.

Don't know if you were using something like this, I'm going to used, I just didn't want to wait to have it shipped from AWI, they have the Y adapter for this application, basically the same thing
4uhuteje.jpg
alt="" />

mine is all plastic and it is just one input one output. both of them are cheaply made... both leak/spray. I figured out I can unscrew the faucet in the bathroom and use that one too.

I'm just going to get a better quality adapter, and some teflon tape.

the water is running through:
in-line 5 micron PP
sediment filter
to remove dirt, sediment, rust and sand particles
6~12 months

in-line granular activated
carbon filter
to pure tasting water
6~12 months

TFC (made in USA)
150 GPD RO Membrane
to removes 98% to 99.99% of all chemical and harmful dissolved elements and 99% of all bacteria
2 ~ 3 years

0 PPM DI (De-Ionized) filter
500 gallons

seems like it should be filtered properly to me. I can see how the housing would be worth the extra $ that comes on the nicer units for sure. This one is a "bare-bones" setup.

That is both the ones that came with my fixture*

Well. A leak sprung in the cabinet underneath my sink. Does this mean that my unit can't handle the pressure??? I hope a pipe is not busted....just went in there and noticed the floor is flooded so it's pretty bad. Didnt think this would happen and it's not my house.

I'll look at it when I come back over. Turns out it was leaking from inside the faucet, not under the sink, so the plumbing is fine at least and when I replace the adapter back with the thing (whatever its called, the round part at the end of the faucet) there is no leak. but in a short amount of time damage was caused to the cabinet/vanity.. which I could afford to replace but then theres the whole issue of matching the footprint because of the linoleum and I can't find one online that fits. It's these adapters. they are crappy. they don't have enough threads I think. I've seen one hooked up to the outside garden hose before. it didn't leak. teflon tape would probably fix it

in like half an out the whole vanity is ruined. it's that stuff that expands when it gets wet and then crumbles apart. the unit seems to work fine haven't tested the water yet. but the adapters stink and I followed the directions with the o-rings and everything.

is yours under the sink?

No. I have line mounted on the wall in the guest bathroom. But its removable sk if we have guest its not an eye sore

Back