RODI is shocking me!

I'm still confused how he can get shocked with RODI water. Since there are no ions, how can the water conduct electricity?

Tell us more about your RO/DI. Where is it? Where does the waste water go? Any chance you could pick up a charge via the waste water line? Clearly you are getting some excess voltage from somewhere...

it is like those lighters that people have as a gag X 10 ! Today when I got back home from work I grabbed the metal pole that runs in my basement and tried to ground myself then i went to reach in and got a shock that I felt run through my right hand down my entire body to the floor through my feet. I will take pictures and post them later to give you guys a better Idea. I just dont see where any electricity could be leaking from nothing is plugged in.

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Ziad’s secret identity. :lol2: </span></span>
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
140254=8719-ziad.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
140254=8719-ziad.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ziad.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It could be stray voltage from a improper grounded wire. A lot of houses ground circuits to copper plumbing, this could be the issue. Maybe a mulitmeter can register the current and then you can trace it down?

Just a thought.

try holding an incandescent light bulb the next time you get close to your rodi. See if it lights up!

Also, you may want to slow down on your heavy friction activities a bit; I've heard that can also make you go blind and grow hair on your palms...

Skriz;140262 wrote: try holding an incandescent light bulb the next time you get close to your rodi. See if it lights up!

Also, you may want to slow down on your heavy friction activities a bit; I've heard that can also make you go blind and grow hair on your palms...
hahaha that must be it thanks Raj

well the trash can is right next to the dryer and a friend of mine said that is probably what is generating so much static electricity in the area. But the darn machine hasnt been on since Saturday. No way could that much static just build and sit there. thoughts on the machine?

glxtrix;140443 wrote: it's electric, boogie woogie woogie! Oh yeah....I went there ;)
lol if youve got the feeling...its electric...boogie woogie woogie woogie! wow I went there too!

come on everyone, sing it with me!
Don't wanna lose it
It's electric
Boogie woogie, woogie
But you can't choose it
It's electric
Boogie woogie, woogie
But you know it's there,
Yeah here there everywhere....

dang, these lyrics are so fitting to the problem at hand for you Ziad, lol.

man, and to think I used to think you guys were cool!

by the way people its not only shocking me ive had other people reach in the bucket to get shocked as well.

Skriz;140451 wrote: man, and to think I used to think you guys were cool!
Dont lie you know you are singing the song in your head right now...maybe even out loud!

Stroid;140454 wrote: Dont lie you know you are singing the song in your head right now...maybe even out loud!

And prolly dancing to it too....tisk tisk tisk Raj, you can't pull one over on us.

**** you both. Now that song is in my head...

Stroid a simple solution to your shock problem is to... stop sticking your hand in the water :).

FutureInterest;140461 wrote: **** you both. Now that song is in my head...

Stroid a simple solution to your shock problem is to... stop sticking your hand in the water :).
haha well duh but I need to remove water from the trash can and I must stick a powerhead in there or use a small bucket. **** this hobby!!!!!!!

Back