RODI on Ebay, Opinions?

George;58017 wrote: Most of the 100+ gpd membranes I have seen have lower rejection rates than 75 or lower. I'm sure there are ones with high rejection rates, but odds are you'll plow through resin with the cheap eBay filters.

Filmtec membranes are widely recognized in this hobby - thier 75 gpd and below membranes remove 96 to 98% of the tds in the feed water. Their 100 gpd membrane removes 90%. Our Buckeye 150 gpd membranes remove 98%.

You'll find that many of the auction site systems include off-brand or no-brand membranes, and the vendors may or may not supply the specs for the membrane.

Russ

I got a clear housing one from eBay about a year+ ago and it was around $110 dollars. I don't test my water so I don't know exactly what the TDS is but my livestock doesn't seem like they have any complaints.

kappaknight;61531 wrote: I got a clear housing one from eBay about a year+ ago and it was around $110 dollars. I don't test my water so I don't know exactly what the TDS is but my livestock doesn't seem like they have any complaints.

If you want to test your water, a handheld tds meter is what you'd need. Its awfully hard to diagnose or even recognize problems with your DI resin or RO membrane w/o a meter.

Buckeye Field Supply;61508 wrote: Output (DI) from a RODI in good working order should be 0 or 1 ppm tds.

Russ

Well I have tested my 100 gal/day RODI again and it comes out to be 4 ppm..I see everyone is saying they are getting 0 on the TDS..So wouldn't that be the same thing as distilled water? If that is the case, why isn't distilled water used more often in aquarium?

To troubleshoot your system can you provide the tds measurements from three locations? Let the system run for 10 minutes before you take measurements, and use a sqeeky clean glass container to take samples.
1. Tap water
2. RO water
3. DI water (used said this is 4 ppm)

BFS, thanks for taking the time to post here and help us reefers out!

I get 0 reading out of my Typhoon 3 everytime. My incoming water is around 28ppm. I suggest buying an inline tds meter from Spectrapure.Very nice and convenient.
a>

You'll find that while inline DI meters are popular, the handheld versions are more accurate, and allow you the flexibility to monitor the tds in more than two locations, such as:
1. Tap water
2. RO water
3. DI water (used said this is 4 ppm)

Back