RODI Question

bkostuch

Market
Reaction score
So i just hooked up my RODI unit from BRS, it has the TDS Sensor on it and my IN reading is 008ppm. Is my local water not all bad? Granted I know that a reading of 000ppm is what I want but I know some LFS still have like 080 ppm in their RODI.

I'm a little confused here as to what I should be gauging.

I believe the "in" is in reference to in the Di container which is after the membrane. 8 ppm sounds about right after the membrane. Mine is 4 ppm and 0 out.

JBDreefs;1033800 wrote: I believe the "in" is in reference to in the Di container which is after the membrane. 8 ppm sounds about right after the membrane. Mine is 4 ppm and 0 out.

thanks for clarifying. lol id love to have 8 ppm tap.

JBDreefs;1033800 wrote: I believe the "in" is in reference to in the Di container which is after the membrane. 8 ppm sounds about right after the membrane. Mine is 4 ppm and 0 out.

Thanks, i just checked again and its at 4ppm now and 0 out. Now I am officially starting to fill the tank... finally :)

What's it mean when the out sometimes reads 1? It's 0 most of the time but occasionally I see it hit 1.

I've already replaced the first two cartridges

It read hitting 1 occasionally so i replaced it.

I flashed it with the bypass on then with it off.....What's the proper procedure?

Serious ? I'm in Cumming, south Cumming but I don't think I have ever seen my " in" less than 100.

And it's a brand new inline tds meter

bkostuch;1033795 wrote: So i just hooked up my RODI unit from BRS, it has the TDS Sensor on it and my IN reading is 008ppm. Is my local water not all bad? Granted I know that a reading of 000ppm is what I want but I know some LFS still have like 080 ppm in their RODI.

I'm a little confused here as to what I should be gauging.

That is TDS just before going to DI.

Edit:

Sorry was thinking dual TDS meter, It should be ZERO if it's a new set up!
I've got a dual, just changed all filters to get all back to zero.

GaJeep94YJ;1033833 wrote: Serious ? I'm in Cumming, south Cumming but I don't think I have ever seen my " in" less than 100.

And it's a brand new inline tds meter

Yep, just checked it, need to change out the filters, but it read 1ppm before and 1ppm after.

GaJeep94YJ;1033824 wrote:
I flashed it with the bypass on then with it off.....What's the proper procedure?

On a filter change, I let it run for 2 or so hours then dump the water.

Back