RODI question

oryansreef

Market
Reaction score
I have had my RODI unit for about 1 1/2 years now. changed the filters once I never get any tds coming out before the di chambers. it is the BRS 150gpd unit with triple tds meter. when I first crank it up I get 25 then down to 0 quickly. should I worry or just let it go?

That is what is referred to as salt creep. When the membrane sits between uses some of the contaminates it has filtered "creeps" into all of the water in it's housing. It's not a problem but if you can flush the first couple of minutes of the water coming out of the RO housing, before it goes into the DI fliters, it will go a long way to reducing the amount of DI media you go through.

anit77;1111547 wrote: That is what is referred to as salt creep. When the membrane sits between uses some of the contaminates it has filtered "creeps" into all of the water in it's housing. It's not a problem but if you can flush the first couple of minutes of the water coming out of the RO housing, before it goes into the DI fliters, it will go a long way to reducing the amount of DI media you go through.

I do that, but like I say. No tds going into the di resin. I'm not complaining, just wondering if this is correct. DI resin has not changed colors in a year and a half.

It's possible. I'd still replace the sediment and carbon filters at least once a year - that will prolong the life of the membrane.

What's the TDS of untreated water? The water around here is decent - my TDS in Canton used to range between 38 and 42 which is really low.

Some of my customers elsewhere in the country deal with TDS in the hundreds.

Jenn

Back