Rodi working question?

ryanremle

Reaction score
I've got a new to me 6 stage brs rodi unit. Pretty sure I've got it connected correctly-not much to it. The tds meter show 0 in and 3 out?? It has the 150 GDP upgrade and output is really low-1/2 gallon in 30 min. Water pressure is a little low at 40 psi. The unit makes absolutely no noise-don't think it has any power or on off switches-is that common-any ideas/help is appreciated.

Your correct there is no power other than the water pressure (PSI). 1/2 gallon isn't normal either.
I would go on the BRS website to review installation/connection. They often have videos that are helpful.

You could try putting a new battery in your TDS meter, they do go bad. If the meter is good, there's no way it's hooked up correctly if your TDS in is 0 and out is 3.
I don't have a BRS but I'm pretty good with RODI hook ups, I could take a look at it for you if the above suggestions don't work.
PM me, we are pretty close to each other.

Camellia;995773 wrote: Your correct there is no power other than the water pressure (PSI). 1/2 gallon isn't normal either.
I would go on the BRS website to review installation/connection. They often have videos that are helpful.

You could try putting a new battery in your TDS meter, they do go bad. If the meter is good, there's no way it's hooked up correctly if your TDS in is 0 and out is 3.
I don't have a BRS but I'm pretty good with RODI hook ups, I could take a look at it for you if the above suggestions don't work.
PM me, we are pretty close to each other.

+1 watch all the BRS videos. They have videos on how to add just about every feature you could add to it. PM me and I'll see what I can do to help out.

I've been considering the 6 stage RODI myself. I'll be curious as to your impression of it once you get it working

ryanremle;995768 wrote: I've got a new to me 6 stage brs rodi unit. Pretty sure I've got it connected correctly-not much to it. The tds meter show 0 in and 3 out?? It has the 150 GDP upgrade and output is really low-1/2 gallon in 30 min. Water pressure is a little low at 40 psi. The unit makes absolutely no noise-don't think it has any power or on off switches-is that common-any ideas/help is appreciated.

Did you just change the RO membrane? If so, those need a little flush time. Run it for an hour or two and allow it to flush out. Also, check and recheck your lines and make sure you don't have your waste and clean lines reversed. Post a picture if your concerned you may.

Low water pressure causes most problems with RO units. You may end up needing a booster pump - which is electric. The RO/DI unit itself is not powered, water flows through it from water pressure and it's forced through sediment filter, carbon filters, RO membrane and DI resin, and those processes remove the impurities from the water and flush them away in the waste water that is generated by the unit.

And yes, a new membrane needs to be flushed - discard the first several gallons or until the outgoing TDS is 0.

Unless you live someplace with uber-clean water, an incoming TDS of 3 is highly unlikely. In Cherokee county it's around 40 or so and I think it's around the same (give or take a few) in Cobb, so something isn't right somewhere.

Jenn

Back