roller mat

Phosphates measured .14 this morning 😵‍💫😵‍💫

I’ll test tomorrow around now after having the roller mat in for 24hrs to see if there’s any change.

Phosphates measured .14 this morning

I’ll test tomorrow around now after having the roller mat in for 24hrs to see if there’s any change.

I would blow all the gunk out of your rocks into water column for the roller to start lowering your nutrients right away…. You will go thru the first roll fast but that’s the idea. Make as much of mess as you want (with caution of course). Roller will catch it. Stronger flow (in your rerun) will also help making roller go faster. You are wasting the roll but you are cleaning your tank! I think I go about 1 roll every 3 month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got it all set up. I made a flurry of a mess in the sump moving all of the rocks around in there! Hoping this works as advertised!
43041C4D-3183-4AF1-AD53-9F24FC6D121D.jpeg

Adding an edit to this. Make sure you put the water level sensor on facing the correct way or else it will not auto advance even when it gives you a high water alert.

It’s advancing about every 45 seconds but I don’t mind, it’s already doing work 💪7BE11EAD-0F77-47D4-95A4-AD6B0633507F.jpeg

Last edited:
If it’s moving every 45second is bit much I think. IT’s possibly because you have too much flow going thru it. So it’s pretty much filtering but also wasting too much. Looking at your sump size. Might gone with 1200. Lower the flow so it only rolls as it clogs. Just a thought.

If it’s moving every 45second is bit much I think. IT’s possibly because you have too much flow going thru it. So it’s pretty much filtering but also wasting too much. Looking at your sump size. Might gone with 1200. Lower the flow so it only rolls as it clogs. Just a thought.

It was catching all of the gunk that I had stirred up moving everything in my sump around. My DT was super hazy and gross.

Its only going every few mins now if that already

Ya, just making sure the flow rate matches the roller! That’s big sump~. Looks nice! You will love the roller!

Ya, just making sure the flow rate matches the roller! That’s big sump~. Looks nice! You will love the roller!

The tank is only 115g total, minus water volume to the sand and rock work, so honestly maybe 90g of actual water.

My return pump is a sicce 4 putting me at 950gph, the Reef mat 500 is rated up to 1500+

Back