royal gramma

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
hi i just got a royal gramma today because i saw a nice one at a good price and my dad liked it. he is the one who got it. any advice on the fish. ill post pics in a lil bit

Great fish with tons of personality. It may be small, but that sucker is mean! He's not going to bully anything, but it will defend itself. I had one in my 29g, and it would face off against anything.

Not much to that guy as far as care goes...pretty easy. Make sure he has caves and crevices to hide.

my one is huge that is what made my dad want him for 17 dollars. he really wanted the nigertrigger but the guy said that it would eat my snails even thought i read it wouldnt. i didnt want to take the chance.

just got the fish in the tank and when she comes out ill get some good pics.

He will stay in a hole most of the time, poking just his head out. So it's a treat when he does show.

The trigger would have been a little big for your tank. Don't you have a 29g, or was that someone else?

no i got a 55g tank. but would the trigger eat any snails or hermits?

Oh ok. The Niger is supposed to be reef safe, so he shouldn't eat snails/hermits.

I guess with "iffy" fish, it depends on the fish. I have a bird wrasse (not reef-safe) in my tank and he does just fine. I just keep him well fed, so he leaves all my inverts alone.

i have a niger trigger in my 55 reef and my crabs and snails are all fine :) I also have a royal gramma i just got recently (For $1.99!!! yeah baby!) and hes doing beautifully as well :)

ok thz and same with the bursa. thz after we get the clown that is the fish we are goning to get. well i got a pic of the fish but it is impossible to see becasue she is in a dark area.

well when i am ready for a trigger i guess ill post it on the fourm. thz for ur help also.

Back