rusting magnet in tank

DawgFace;1012081 wrote: Reggie, sent you pm with link.
thanks Jesse.just read the whole thread.its a little concerning.i checked my tlf nano mag[not the veggie clip]and it was still sealed but inspecting it will be part of the routine from now on.

I guess my concern now is what type of effects this will have on my reef down the road....

Might not be a bad idea to chuck in a Poly Pad when you change out the carbon.

I remember something I read a while back about the director of Live Aquaria doing a PSA about if many of your corals start to die, eliminate the obvious and start looking at your magnets. Never heard if it was a problem a personal or business tank.

Decided to check mine before adding it tonight, it pretty much fell apart in my hand! I can't believe it was holding frags last week!
94408982-2284-43AF-822B-6103C3BD31CF_zpsztqoselv.jpg
alt="" />
E3EABED4-E2AA-4FFA-A619-8A885FAF7950_zpsvdlwqfvw.jpg
alt="" />

wow! glad you checked! upsetting for sure. I'll definitely try to keep an eye on all my magnets. Maybe even keep a couple cleaning ones out of the tank till i use them

I've done 2 large water changes and have been running a little extra carbon than usual and everything seems to be looking much better now.

Good to hear!

Last week a few of my LPS that are always happy didn't open and puff as much as normal. My huge wellsi being the main coral that I was worried about. I had no idea why, prams were good. I didn't have time for a water change so I decided to add purgin, carbon and prime out of concern. By the end of the week I had removed the Frag rack and every thing was happy again.
Wondering if this was actually causing the problem?
Scary!

Back