saltwaterfish.com Group Buy?

flipturn88

Market
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get a midas blenny, and unfortunately they don't often show up at LFSs too often. Since $80 is the minimum order (which also gives you free shipping), is anyone else interested in ordering from http://www.saltwaterfish.com/">this</a> site? I have purchased from them before, and they are both reliable and prompt. I would need to place the order within the week, as I'm leaving town Aug 4th.

Thanks,
Kayla

I'd be in for about $30. They have the lowest price I've seen on James Fatheree's clams book.

hey i might be ordering also but whose house will these be arriving at. so i can ask my dad to drive me.

I'd commit to a 10 buck citron goby and a few cleaners... prolly around 25 bucks total.

I will be placing an order here in the next wk or few days to get some anthias. I can add to this order if need be, but the fish would have to be picked up on the day of arrival as I have no quarantine tank and taking the anthias elsewhere to quarantine

Mike, would you be able to bring them to CBA? I need to make a run over there sometime soon.

Kayla Petland next to perimeter mall had one not very long ago check with them first.

No big dig against saltwaterfish.com, but the shipping is $20 not free. I hate that they advertise free shipping and you don't get the final shipping amount until you are in the checkout process. They should just say $20 shipping instead of free as it is a good shipping price but does it border on misrepresentation.

I would be in for a neon goby,and 10 blue leg hermits,and part of the shipping

Cameron;61105 wrote: No big dig against saltwaterfish.com, but the shipping is $20 not free. I hate that they advertise free shipping and you don't get the final shipping amount until you are in the checkout process. They should just say $20 shipping instead of free as it is a good shipping price but does it border on misrepresentation.

cameron it is "free" shipping
in fine print all orders are subjected to a $10 fuel cost.
then a $10 handeling cost.

loll.

Assault;61168 wrote: I've always been too scared to buy livestock online. Do you guys have good luck when making online livestock purchases?
in my opinion even though i havent bought anything from online i would think its better cause the fish dont go threw the stress twice going to the fish store from online store and then to your house here they only make one trip .plus they useaully give you 15 days instead of 3 like most lfs

but i rather get a fish or any live stock from a member that has had it in an established tank for a while

Assault;61168 wrote: I've always been too scared to buy livestock online. Do you guys have good luck when making online livestock purchases?

I have ordered online from saltwaterfish.com before for livestock and never been disappointed in the health of the livestock by any means. I have been slightly disappointed in the size but that may have been due to my expectations from the estimated size. They always ended up living a very long life and growing large for me.

I have also tried Liveaquaria.com and premiumaquatics.com for live rock. The former sucks and the latter is awesome however I really want to try Tampa Bay Aquatics for my next live rock set up.

I felt the same way, but I've spent well over $2000 with saltwaterfish.com and have always been happy with the quality of the livestock. Only occasionally have I been disappointed when the size differs from the description, usually they come bigger than advertised. I've never had a DOA, and the stuff that has died on me has always been happily replaced.

As far as shipping is concerned, yep the "hidden fees" do hurt as it adds up to about $18 bucks. However, if you spend a few hundred dollars, you get onto their repeat buyer program, and you can select a free item with every purchase. The more orders you place the better the free items get. These days I get something worth about $25 with each order, which makes up the shipping.

My biggest gripe with them is that they will NOT speak to anyone on the phone. If you have a problem, email is the best you can do, and it usually takes a day or more for a reply.

Yeah, the repeat buyer program is pretty awesome. I am not quite up to the $25 fee gift yet but they definately hook me up with some goodies every time I order.

Yes, I noticed the extra $20 was sandwiched in there, but their shipping costs are still cheaper in general than some of the other large wholesalers.

Mike, are you going to place an order soon? If so, I would like to piggy-back off of you.

Thanks,
kayla

Just got this weeks specials in email:

Pajama Cardinals $1.99
Sally Lightfoot Crabs $1.99
Emerald Crabs - Group of 3 $9.99
Arrow Crabs $4.99
Cleaner Clams $4.99
Coral Banded Shrimp $8.99
Copepods - Group of 200 $9.99
Umbrella Mushroom Polyps $7.99
Ricordea Mushroom Polyps $7.99
Turbo/Astrea Snails - Group of 10 $9.99
Blueleg Hermits - Group of 10 $9.99
Nassarius Snails - Group of 10 $9.99
Jade Hermits - Group of 10 $8.99
Pencil Urchin - Group of 2 $9.99
Sand Sifting Cucumber $8.99
Jawfish $9.99
Redlip Blennies $9.99
Lawnmower Blennies $9.99
Chalk Basslets $9.99
Scooter Blennies $9.99
Flame Cardinal $9.99
Blue Reef Chromis $9.99
Jewel Damsels $9.99
Neon Gobies $9.99
Engineer Gobies $4.99
Bluehead Wrasse $9.99
Blackcap Basslets $29.99
Octopus $49.99

Cameron;61105 wrote: No big dig against saltwaterfish.com, but the shipping is $20 not free. I hate that they advertise free shipping and you don't get the final shipping amount until you are in the checkout process. They should just say $20 shipping instead of free as it is a good shipping price but does it border on misrepresentation.

I agree that they should be more upfront about these charges. It reminds me of a stay at a large hotel chain in California when they charged a $15 per day "electricity surcharge" or many hotels that charge residents for a parking space... Either be up front with these charges or build them in to the cost structure...

Back