SCWD problems

bclark7169

Market
Reaction score
anyone using these ever had any problems. I have a 3/4" in my 125 and it is only circulating out one side and not the other worked fine for awhile. I got another used one today a 1" and hooked it up to the water hose and it is only circulating out of one side.. Then I hooked it up on a 1800lph pump in my 44 gallon brute and it still is doing the same thing. I took it apart and everything seems to be in working order. Also before someone ask I made sure I was putting the pressure in the right place...any ideas??????

It's new?

I'd check beyond the scwd and through each outputs.

They get jammed and break fairly frequently. There was a thread a few years back on NR where a guy took his apart and fixed it.

May want to try a vinegar bath to dissolve any calcium build-up that you may not have noticed when you took it apart. After soaking, try to gently reverse flush it before you try the hose again from the bottom port.

theplatypus;360674 wrote: They get jammed and break fairly frequently. There was a thread a few years back on NR where a guy took his apart and fixed it.

I find this not to be the case.

I have used one for almost two years no with no problems whatsoever.

Now, this may be the exception instead of the norm but the piece is very simple inside.

More than likely, a good soak in vinegar and a rinse in hot water every 6 months or so should keep you up and running.

This item is much maligned but I feel like its a very underated part with a bad reputation that is undeserved.

The one inch one I just got is 3 months old with about 2 hours use and it has the screw off top. The person I got it from said they couldn't get it to work so I decided to give it a try and it wouldn't need a vinegar bath as it looks brand new but when you turn the impeller the shield to divert water doesn't move

Back