SEIO controller?

Crap...looks like my plan is crumbling lol. Searching for reviews on the controller isn't yielding anything impressive... :( I don't really want to come full circle though and go about re-doing a CLS either....
Looks like I need to spring for the vortech pump (single) for now

My first sentence in my post above should have said the 6055 are meant to be controlled.

Before you go and do something crazy, what are you trying to accomplish?

I'm more worried about the reliability of the controller really. I want some sort of varying flow in the tank, but don't really want to spend 400+ to get it.

The cheap solution is to simply turn off a pump from time to time. Run both for a few hours, run a left pump for a few hours then the right pump for a few hours. Two Koralia 4s would do that just fine. A single Vortech would be under 400 and would work really well for you. A CL unless you did two or bought a relatively expensive Oceans Motions can't alternate flow well.

Cameron;119765 wrote: The cheap solution is to simply turn off a pump from time to time. Run both for a few hours, run a left pump for a few hours then the right pump for a few hours. Two Koralia 4s would do that just fine. A single Vortech would be under 400 and would work really well for you. A CL unless you did two or bought a relatively expensive Oceans Motions can't alternate flow well.

Are you talking about manually plugging and unplugging them? Can you run them on just a regular outlet timer with a couple hour increments or will they still make the clanking noise? Do koralias ever start up with backward flow?

The Koralias do clank from time to time when turned on, but if you are doing it twice a day in the afternoon and late evening I doubt you would ever notice it. My lights make a noise when they are powering up for a few seconds. I don't find it annoying, but if they continually did it I would replace them quick. Put the Koralias on a wavemaker that flips it every 5 minutes and it would be annoying but again a couple three times per day is likely no big deal.

I run 2 seio controllers with 2x1100's and 2x1500's. I love them! The controller ramps the pumps from 100% down to 30%. You can set the time you want from 15seconds to whatever (meaning I dont remember) I have mine set as auto which is 15 seconds. I might be selling my seio equipment because I'm doing something ocmpletely different with my flow now. These pumps have done everything I could have asked for. I have quite a few pumps that will be for sale shortly....2x1500's, 2x1100's, 3 or 4 820's, 1x620....and possibly 2xseio controllers.

Well, please let me know. I bought 2 of the #4's and a controller for my 75 to try it out. If I like it, I'll need at least one more controller for the frag tank, and some pumps as well :)

My seio controller worked fine with tunze 6045 for about 7 months. Then just like Big D controller keeps blowing fuses. I would not suggest it but who knows it may work for you.

I would like to know if anyone has had a seio contoller for more than a year and it still works.

I was thinking of just tossing it. It's a chance i was willing to take but would like to know if its a defective contoller or if it's b/c i used the wrong pumps.

Joe

Well, I guess I could return the thing. I'll look around HD or lowes and see if I can find some timers that I'd be happy with. I could set them up to run like 3 hours on, off, etc... or something. Still no wave-type action though :(

Vortech's are great, but I refuse to drop 700 on a pair of powerheads...sorry, plenty of other stuff I'm into that requires cash like that.

Back