Seio powerheads

fishhook

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of some Seio 2600 power heads for a reef tank that I am in the process of setting up. But before pulling the trigger on purchasing these power heads I would be interested in the experiences that fellow reefers have had. I know the saying goes that you get what you pay for but at this time I must do things economically.
So, that said, I would like to hear of your experiences concerning this item.

Thank you
Greg

I have three running in my 90 and have been very happy with them. I have had two of them for going on two years and I picked up the other one at the MACNA conf this year. I don't have any experience with any other brand, but I am happy with the SEIOs I have. They are very easy to disassemble and clean as well. I would suggest getting the magnets if you can afford them.

I have two I would sell you if your interested. These powerheads produce alot of flow and if I didn't already have Tunze in my tank then I would be using them.

Thanks for the feedback, t4c, just the type of information I was wanting. So, you have had no issues.

James S, I may be in touch. The Seios that you are offering, are they the model 2600? I have a few ducks to get in a row the next few days and then I'll know if I'm ready, but go ahead and send me a PM letting me know which Seio power heads you have and how much you want for them. Either way, I'll let you know something in a few days wants I get a few issues taken care of that are nonfish/tank related. Once I know the outcome of those issues then I will be in better position to make a decision. It is remotely possible that I may have the scrap my plans altogether but I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Thank you both for the response.

Greg

I haven't used the large ones, but the smaller ones I used to have always had restart issues (jams, etc) after cleaning due to the impeller design. Once started, they'd run all day, but turned off, I had to confirm restarts manually. I switched to Koralias when they came out because of this.

The larger ones have more starting torque so they probably don't have the same issues.

I had tree in my 75 with good results but when my snails started having babies the babies would clog up the intake slots and reduce the flow. I mean if I cleaned them out today tomorrow they were clogged up again. I just took them out and replaced with Hydor's.

Back