Share Your Mr.Coral Reviews

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this thread. if not, i apologize in advance.

I have read some reviews on Mr.Coral on other forums and just couldn't find one here on ARC. I know some fellow ATL reefer did a review and posted the video onto Youtube recently. But his video covered almost exclusively zoas/palys and provides no update on how many of those zoas/palys actually survived. Other online videos are quite old and don't cover any changes that Mr.Coral (might've) undergone to improve his business. I'm looking for someone who have had experience with Mr.Coral, but more specifically SPS's.

Vinny aka The Atlanta reef guy did a huge order with him and i believe he was satisfied. I see he stopped selling on ebay he had some nice priced frags on there.

jrhunter0000;995628 wrote: Vinny aka The Atlanta reef guy did a huge order with him and i believe he was satisfied. I see he stopped selling on ebay he had some nice priced frags on there.
yes, his video is the one that I'm referring to. I'm not sure if he has since ordered anymore from mr.coral, especially sps corals

I read a lot of reviews when he first started selling over on nano-reef. From what I gathered, it was hit or miss. Some would be pleased like Vinny, others would receive the wrong corals (wysiwyg) and others would be DOA and be a pain to get refunded or orders fixed.

Buddy of mine bought a $100+ order and half the stuff was dead or dieing on delivery. All fresh cut frags.

I'd stay away....

Nightmare.. Not me personally but have R2R buddies were it couldn't have gone worse.

rdnelson99;995672 wrote: Don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel. :)

That was the sugar coated version. Family forum rules prevent me from using 4 letter words as nouns, verbs and adjectives.

I personally think the guy is incompetent. He's sitting on a profitable business that he's just run into the ground with piss-poor supply...

The fact that he's still in business after all these years just goes to show how many fresh suckers are out there for him to feed off of. It's really sad that the market can't shut out shady operations like this and people continue falling into the trap.

Skriz;995750 wrote: The fact that he's still in business after all these years just goes to show how many fresh suckers are out there for him to feed off of. It's really sad that the market can't shut out shady operations like this and people continue falling into the trap.

Maybe equally crazy that R2R didn't pull his sponsorship until a month or two ago.

Have you checked out Spike's Corals? I think sometimes we look right past sponsors to our detriment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a chop shop. His pics are probably his best convincing stock pics. If you scroll through his for sale posts you will see 500 frags off the same SPS mother colony over an 18 month span. I personally ordered from him bc he simply had two frags worth the cheap SPS frag pack cost to me. He still hasn't made things right. Its been one to two years I think since I ordered from him. I gave up. He quit responding to my emails and my posts were getting removed for any number of reasons and Rev just kept letting him operate unimpeded. Literally the worst vendor I've had experienced with so far. And I've ordered or traded with quite a few. STAY AWAY.

Back