She Died

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
yesterday my baby died. saturday i noticed she was swimming face up near the surface. i thought she was just hungry because when she was i would give her some food. well she didn't eat so i took her out and put her in the refuge. well yesterday she was lying down and dead, i tried to give her mouth to mouth but it didn't work.

the paramters seem fine (haven't tested them but just looking at the other inhabitants, the tangs are lining up like a weigh station in front of the shrimp and he is cleaning them and sendingthem on their way. the corals are doing well and i just did a 30% water change friday.

i am goign to keep an eye out but in the mean time does anyone know where i can get a good pair of percs for a good (cheap) price i will probably get a carpet for them to go in too

Sorry about your loss.

BTW, did you fill your mouth with water before performing mouth-to-mouth on the fish?

Did your clown have any discolored patches on its body? I'm thinking it could've been brookynella.

wbholwell;143316 wrote: BTW, did you fill your mouth with water before performing mouth-to-mouth on the fish?

Did your clown have any discolored patches on its body? I'm thinking it could've been brookynella.

no i did not think about that

i did not see any patches on her body. if it was brookynella wouldn't the cleaner shrimp eaten it?

No I dont think that cleaner shrimp get that off. My clown died of it and the cleaner did nothing.

Good grief. I am picturing some toddler trying to get out of the aquarium but the canopy is too heavy. Glad you specified later on...

Back