Sign of pods?

realfish

Reaction score
I've only had my tank up for about a month now, but I started with around 125 lbs of establish rock from another tank and kept good water in it.

I've never been around to see the lights first come on, but I just did and as soon as they did my fish came out of hiding and started pecking randomly at the water. First in the corners where I probably don't get all the algae cleaned off and then in he open water.

I assume this means I have a decent population of some kind of small critters in there.

if you want to check for pods just grab a flashlight after your lights go off, if you have a good amount you will see them everywhere.

The first sign of pods will be on the glass where the algae hasn't been cleaned off - they look like tiny white fleas on the glass.

You all must be under forty or at least under 43. I need my cheaters and a bright light to be able to read the instructions for the equipment I buy for the tank.

RealFish;356406 wrote: You all must be under forty or at least under 43. I need my cheaters and a bright light to be able to read the instructions for the equipment I buy for the tank.
I thought I was alone in that...
getting older sucks in several ways, this is the one that bugs me the mostest.

I agree with the aging statement. Heck, I have to get a magnifying glass to assist my cheaters:(

Got my first pair about this time last year and it's just gone downhill from there. I finally figured out I don't need the $200 pair from the eye doctor, the $15 ones at the drugstore work fine. However, I picked up a pair the other day and I thought I had gone completely blind. Turns out there were two different lenses in them.

I go to Sams or Costco and get 'em in 5 packs. :)
One for the executive library, the coffee table, the kitchen bar, the truck, the car, a few at work..
Leave a set around at work, see who else snags 'em out of curiosity.. always good for a laugh.

Back