silly crabs

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
hi, i have 3 relativly large (1-1.5" shells) hermit crabs in my 150g tank. they have brownish striped legs and are pretty quick. whenever they come in contact with one another, they start fighting/mating?? is this something to worry about? or should i just let them settle it? i have about 200lbs of rock in the tank.

white and brownish? kind of quick? about the size of a blue leg? i have two of those in my tank and they battle also. its pretty cool.

Does one of them have a larger shell? Sometimes they will fight for the bigger shell. I would not worry about it.

one has a slightly bigger shell. the smallest one was trying to get into an empty shell last night and one of the big ones came by and boy did the little one hustle to get back into his original shell! i just don't want them to kill each other. they are way bigger than those small blue legged ones in cleaner packages.

dawgdude;181505 wrote: Make sure they have multiple shells to move up into. Also watch those crabs because as they get bigger they can gain an appetite for fish or smaller inverts.

and fish!!!!!!

dawgdude;181510 wrote: lol I probably should have said an appetite for anything that is living in your tank. Ive seen massive crabs go after coral colonies and just start chomping away at softies.
sorry i didnt see that lol i was half asleep when i read it

Back