Skimmer driving me nuts

have you checked to see if there is something in the airline that could be restricting flow?

I may be completely off base as I am unfamiliar with this skimmer but, can the pump output be adjusted back a bit or have you tried restricting the airline a bit to see what happens?

dball711;1001746 wrote: I may be completely off base as I am unfamiliar with this skimmer but, can the pump output be adjusted back a bit or have you tried restricting the airline a bit to see what happens?

good idea dave. if you can dial down the pump that would be probably help. but restricting the airline would only make the overflow worse cause the lack of air would allow the pump to push more water into the skimmer body.

Picoreefguy;1001771 wrote: good idea dave. if you can dial down the pump that would be probably help. but restricting the airline would only make the overflow worse cause the lack of air would allow the pump to push more water into the skimmer body.

No experience with this skimmer but I am very familiar with Tunzes and the air thing for them makes a big difference in the skimmer overflowing the cup so I thought it couldn't hurt...I need to get out more...

Back