Skimmer on a relay Help

casper75

Market
Reaction score
Here is the deal, I just picked up a Reef Keeper 2 but since I can not hook a float switch to it how can I have my skimmer shut off when collection cup is full using a relay. Just to let you know my skimmer is run by a sequence dart

I have reefkeeper 2 too... There is no delay shut-off for skimmer cup being filled...
There is shot-off using TEMPERATURE/PH...

I modified my Alpha Vertex 250 skimmer lid to accept a DA Float switch, but without a switch port I'm not sure what you can do?

Adding some kind of float valve or Normally open contact that closes it when full. How big I the collection cup

You can run the skimmer power through a relay, with the relay contact "made" through a float switch. I used that exact setup to run my homemade ATO. A standard industrial 8-pin relay and base will do what you want. Keep in mind that you need to keep them far from SW unless you spend more for "explosion proof" hardware (completely sealed, used in environments with flammable fumes).

best thing you can do is to post a picture of your skimmer you plan on using..

there might be a way to modify the housing/top/collection cup to make it work..

Rbredding;645211 wrote: best thing you can do is to post a picture of your skimmer you plan on using..

there might be a way to modify the housing/top/collection cup to make it work..

Not a matter of the cup... it's that the controller doesn't accept float switch inputs.

Back