Skimmer Suggestions

hcakebax1

Reaction score
I bought a aqua e cv 180. Is to big for my sump. I need suggestions to wich skimmer is better for a 90 gallon. Please advice.
Thanks

I don't now is this the weight place to put the thread since you have not to many topics.

Probably would have fit better in reef discussion. What kind of price point were you looking at? Probably get a narrower range of suggestions that way.

I have a few that may work well depending on chamber dimensions. DNW 150 and NW 110. Either would one skim great, but if you have room the recirculating pull at ton more.

nickg;972909 wrote: I have a few that may work well depending on chamber dimensions. DNW 150 and NW 110. Either would one skim great, but if you have room the recirculating pull at ton more.

Can you send pics of the Skimmers. Also can you trade?

I thought the aqua c EV180 could be setup external as well, not necessarily in sump, well the space might be an issue

joseayes;972929 wrote: I thought the aqua c EV180 could be setup external as well, not necessarily in sump, well the space might be an issue

Yes I have a little issue with the space. If I put in the outside it would not fit. Any ideas.

I would suggest to look on the sc skimmer, I believe they have 3 different sizes, I'm recommending what I had used. They're cone needlewheel impellers, low power consumption, cheap to replace pumps and they're very affordable, I had one, never regret I had it, lots of skimmate.
But if you want something more expensive look into the reef octopus, they have great costumer service and will help you even if you've purchased second hand, I purchased mine new (opened box) but they have no issue sending me parts.
And if your budget allows you get anything better yet than this two brands.

As mentioned before a price point would help. Just make sure you don't skimp on this very important piece of equipment.

Back