Slate flooring question

rdnelson99;829911 wrote: Off to a good start. :)

Thanks. The hardest part is tying it into the existing slate floor in the adjacent stairwell. I want it to look like it was all done at one time, which was easier said than done. In the end a laser line helped tremendously to ensure the line was as even as I could get it all the way across. Of course I just realized that I'm 5 boxes of slate short. Oh well, good thing I'm doing it in sections... another one of those "don't do construction type things --especially anything involving measurements --whilst consuming adult beverages".

jbadd99;829917 wrote: Thanks. The hardest part is tying it into the existing slate floor in the adjacent stairwell. I want it to look like it was all done at one time, which was easier said than done. In the end a laser line helped tremendously to ensure the line was as even as I could get it all the way across. Of course I just realized that I'm 5 boxes of slate short. Oh well, good thing I'm doing it in sections... another one of those "don't do construction type things --especially anything involving measurements --whilst consuming adult beverages".
LOL. Yup, going to have to give one of them up. So who you going to get to so the floors. LOL

rdnelson99;829920 wrote: LOL. Yup, going to have to give one of them up. So who you going to get to so the floors. LOL

Me... I guess... That's what the wife says anyways.

But the means you have to give up the adult beverages. Might want to rethink that one. LOL

rdnelson99;829935 wrote: But the means you have to give up the adult beverages. Might want to rethink that one. LOL

Well unfortunately the wife wouldn't let me pay someone else to do it. I took several months off but she's nagging again so I'm working on this all week. 3/4 done now but I've run out of the slate I need.

To answer my own question, in case anyone else had the same one, vapor was never an issue. I did most of the room (3/4) at once with mortar. Then I sealed it in quarters and cracked the window and turned off the skimmer. Same when I grouted the portion I had done.

Now, since I'm not slating the floor, time for an adult beverage ;)

Pics or it didn't happen. Of the adult beverage! OK, you can include pics of the floor too. :)

rdnelson99;853902 wrote: Pics or it didn't happen. Of the adult beverage! OK, you can include pics of the floor too. :)

I will when I finish. The other half of the floor is covered with the stuff from the other side of the room right now.

Back