Small fish for my 120 gallon

genesisblue

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 120 gallon with and Orange Shoulder Tang, Unicorn Tang, Yellow Tang, Clown Tang, a small maroon clown, and a yellow and blue damsel. I wanted to get some opinions on some smaller "filler fish" to put in the tank to make it even COOLER to look at :) I've thought about those little chromis guys, but I hear their lifespan isn't so hot. So, what are your thoughts? As of now everyone gets along in the tank.

Thanks!!

I like lyretail anthias. You can get them in group. Just curious of how long have you had the clown tang. I have yet to know anyone kept them longer than 3 months.

I havnt had any issues with my chromis....well except for 1, he decided he wanted to get a tan on top of the euro brace....yeaaaah he didnt make it back into the tank. Anyways, for something small, cheap and a great looking fish, I'd recommend them. I have 8 (use to be 9) in my 140. I'm thinking of getting another 6 or so to add. Their man issue is shipping. They are horrible shippers, but if they are in a shop for a bit, they are good to go.

I actually just got the clown tang from Nemo Fish about a week ago...He never eats the flaked algae food or nori I put in the tank, but he's not losing mass as far as i can tell. I have seen him grazing my rocks. You know, I've always had some problems with cyano until I started keeping tangs...now I couldn't grow it to save my live :)

I love blue/green chromis and have one large and bought five other to put in tank with her. She killed all but one so their a pair? I put 5 more in with one gone. So far all the others are
swimming up in the water column.

I really like the chromis effect as well.

Also, take a look at the atlantic blue chromis (not blue/green). They are more of a royal blue with black trim...very nice. I had one till my damsel killed it.

I like the way the fire fish and cardnials look, and they are great fish too! We have two Banggai cardnials. They like to school together. And I really like their personality. The only downer with cardnials is that I've read they have a lifespan of 3-4 years. I don't know too much about the fire fih, but I think they look awsome.

Firefish are cool. Get a pair or trio and they'll syncronize swim together. I have a royal gramma, pajama cardinal, cherub (always grazing on the rock) and potter's angel, ocellaris clown.....yellow wrassee is way cool too. Lawnmower blenny.

I suck because I'm a killjoy- you have way too many big tangs for a 4 foot tank. I love fish and stock heavy, but I think you're gonna have some problems. Just my opinion, and a friendly heads up.

As for small fish, what about a harem of flasher wrasses?

Back