So today I guess my plate got hungry

wildernets

Market
Reaction score
Expensive meal for a plate coral. Thought you guys would get a kick out of my pain. Off to figure out what is up. I'm sure I'll find nothing. Hate losing fish.
79ce57c71b297ef1521092c8798d5c41.jpg
alt="" />

So upsetting when my fish or coral have a more expensive dinner than i do

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That's kind of horrifying. I like my coral but I like/love my fish more. Note to self - no plate coral.

Looks like you might need to steal my signature line....

;-)

I got lucky and saw one of my plates eating a bristle worm.... I thought that was cool.

LOL... that's MY line - literally!

Well, the fish must have died and drifted into the coral. A plate can't just jump up and snatch a fish.

Unfortunate loss, but a nice dinner for the plate.

Jenn

It is you line line, too good to let it disappear. Well, that and Rich hasn't come up with any good ones lately.

Omg, you got the PIC of the month!

So sorry, what a beautiful fish it was!
Im sure it hurt walking in and seeing it happening but I'd think that's better than wondering for weeks what happened to it and worrying about a dead fish decaying somewhere in your tank.

If this happened to me (and I'm sure some will find this odd), I'd keep a really close eye on that plate and have a syringe handy to catch the left overs it's going to spit back out! It's going to be a huge black yuck and I hate knowing that's floating in my water!

Catgirl29;1050964 wrote: That's kind of horrifying. I like my coral but I like/love my fish more. Note to self - no plate coral.

Plates are safe, honest! As Jenn mentioned it was already a goner and floated on top of the plates mouth. That plate had to work really hard just to digest that guy!

JennM;1050971 wrote: LOL... that's MY line - literally!

Well, the fish must have died and drifted into the coral. A plate can't just jump up and snatch a fish.

Unfortunate loss, but a nice dinner for the plate.

Jenn

May not an ordinary plate. But my new JF.CB.ASD.BC.UC.couplecolorsoftherainbow ninja plate can.

wildernet;1050978 wrote: May not an ordinary plate. But my new JF.CB.ASD.BC.UC.couplecolorsoftherainbow ninja plate can.

I guess that's an LE, right? :shades:

Sewer Urchin wrote: It is you line line, too good to let it disappear.

I'm sure all of us have experienced it at least once, right? :D

I agree with Jenn. A lot more likely the fish passed first.

If he';s getting hungry again I saw that someone was selling a Pepper mint Angel for 2 K

;-)

Sewer Urchin;1051204 wrote: If he';s getting hungry again I saw that someone was selling a Pepper mint Angel for 2 K

;-)

I do have another one......

Back