Some recent pics

Hey Chris,

What mode do you have your Vortech's running in. I have mine in lagoon mode but was wondering what other people have their's set to.

Very nice and will get even better as the zoas grow out. I love the aquascaping!

todd03blown;224665 wrote: Thanks! I ask since my 6 week old tank now has some small patch and i take a turkey bastor and blow it off then do a water change. I have done 2 water changes this week at 2g each time. I just added my clowns and a few corals so i started feeding more so i assume this is what started my small patches.

Chris I hope you don't mind a little side track here, but Todd if you are really blowing the cyano off with a turkey baster you could be spreading it. You should just siphon it out with your water change if possible.

Linda Lee;224765 wrote: Coming together nicely... and love the anthias, especially this guy

P.S. -- with the lyretails, we only fed once/day and ours stayed fat 'n healthy.

Yeah, he is the boss for sure. His tail is filling back out nicely (and quickly) and he seems to have colored a little better. I guess he is less stressed. He is a looker (like me).

ChrisOzment;224771 wrote: Hey Chris,

What mode do you have your Vortech's running in. I have mine in lagoon mode but was wondering what other people have their's set to.

My vortecs are on crest mode. I tried pulse (like I think Jins are on) but my tank is apparently not long enough to get a good 'slosh' going on. I like crest over lagoon simply because it averages higher flowrates ---> and I have SPS.

ledfish;224776 wrote: nice tank where did you get the nice zoa frags?

All over. Many members, some from CBAY (R.I.P.). But mostly from trading around. I have even more than pictured. I'm zoa poor...

jmaneyapanda;224817 wrote: very nice dude. You werent kidding, that ponape looks nice.

You mentioned that it grew slowly (and maybe compared to your others it does) but I have been very happy with it's growth. THe colors are coming in on it, and it is spiking out all over the place. It loves the middle of the tank I guess.

Budsreef;224818 wrote: Very nice and will get even better as the zoas grow out. I love the aquascaping!

Thanks. I love/hate the shelf in the middle left. Kinda weird, but kinda neat. Unnatural I guess to some degree. I thought about gluing a rock to the bottom to make it more cave-like.

Looks good. Great aquascaping!! Keep the pictures coming!! Post some of the Achillies. I want one for my tank but can't convince the wife to let me get one. Too much bread. =(

Chris,
Definitely looking nice brother. I am zoa man also. For some reason mine are doing ok but just aren't growing anymore. Hell nothing is growing except my leathers and some shrooms. I don't know what the heck is going on. Once again, your tank is coming along great!

Maybe your water isnt dirty enough? When I had dirtier water (before skimmer upgrade) mine were growing really rapidly.

Are those two single / huge pieces of LR on top of your aquascaping? It looks like it made a really cool cave in between the two piles.

Yeah, a lot of my base rocks are huge. I like the megalithic look ;)

Chris,
I don't know what the issue is brother. I am bewildered myself right now. Params are all fine as I can tell by my kits but LPS and SPS just isn't doing it. I am going to just let this tank age a little more since it's only about 4-5 months old now. I was having a Phosphate issue but I am using a small reactor with GFO now and the cyano is gone. I also replaced all of my RODI but that hasn't helped either. I have all new VHO bulbs and T5 aren't that old either. My skimmer could remove a little more but it is doing fine having to empty every couple days. I am thinking of skimming wetter. It's on the dry side now. I sure wish you guys were closer so you could help me figure it out. Like I said though, your tank is looking great. Good job. Sorry for talking about my stuff on your thread. I won't hijack it again.

Rick

Blind, I may try to do that sometime. I didnt doo a whole lot of par testing though, just some ballparks.

Actually, these pics are a bit older now. The skimmer is kicking the cyanos butt, but it is still slowly goin away. I think the rocks may be leaching a little since my RO membrane incident.

Tank looks great! I love the shelves- Wish I would have done more of that.. I'm out of places to put frags!!

Back