something that eats star polyps?

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
In my 55g I have 3 star polyp colonies. 2 different green stars, and a purple star. over night my purple seems to have disappeared and one of my greens has done the same. The other seems ok. The bad off two are not next to eachother, and I've not seen this before. should I worry?

stickx911;303499 wrote: In my 55g I have 3 star polyp colonies. 2 different green stars, and a purple star. over night my purple seems to have disappeared and one of my greens has done the same. The other seems ok. The bad off two are not next to eachother, and I've not seen this before. should I worry?

Disappered, as in no polyps extended or as is in completely gone? I know my star polyps wilk completely retract if they are agitated and sometime at night.

Z

bobz;303502 wrote: Disappered, as in no polyps extended or as is in completely gone? I know my star polyps wilk completely retract if they are agitated and sometime at night.

Z

that where it seems odd. the green just looks agitated, but I only see a few retracted stalks left of the purple.

Do you have any crabs? Emeralds in particular? I had the same thing happen to me and found it was the crabs eating them.

I do have an emerald. Well, had, I haven't seen the bugger in a while. hmmm...

If the purple conesarc is still on the rocks they may just be agitated. I had some that didnt open for like 2 months then suddenly, they were back

If you find something that eats star polyps, I will buy it from you!

I had some plain star polyps get into my rock work. Having a hard time keeping them from taking over... they are on a rock that is not easily removed from the tank. On the rock they were on that WAS easily removed, getting rid of 100% of them was not easily accomplished either---took some VERY aggressive scrubbing to get all of the purple mat off the rock.

Back