Something to bleach/acid bath my rock in

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Getting ready to bleach my dry live rock and then soak in muriatic acid. Does anyone have a Rubbermaid horse trough or something else laying around that I could borrow? I have around 150-175 lbs of rock I need to clean.

I have some 27-29 gallon rubber maid containers, but I don't think they can handle all of it at once.

Where are you disposing it when done? That's what's stopping me. I am on septic like you and I don't like the idea of dumping in the street since 1 block away that dumps into a stream

The bleach I am not all that worried about, it will evaporate pretty quickly. The acid is another story since it will etch concrete if it comes into contact with it. I have an open ditch behind my house that is just bare dirt, will probably dump it there, nuetralize it, and then just spray it with water for a while.

The acid is another story since it will etch concrete

True that, but probably won't be as strong after being in contact with the the rock for any period of time. Could try and pick up some lime from a Lawn and Garden store and dig a hole.

When I dumped mine, it was just on some weeds... in all honesty they were still growing after I did it. Then again we get about 60 to 70 inches of rain per year around here.

I had another member PM me, but I will keep you in mind if it doesn't work out. Thx!

Back