Something Worse Than Bryopsis

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Had my share of problems, been working on them.But this one is major. Forcloser.Been fighting since I had an injury.Reason why I posting this, Im a fighter, I don't want to give up my 180. I found a apartment on the bottom floor, The women said I could have a fish tank.She didn't ask how big.LOL.My question is , will it be safe setting it on carpet. Its the only place it can go.Concrete is under carpet.

Yes......completely safe. My 465 and 100 reef, and 180 FW tanks are all on carpet/pad over concrete. Make sure the stand is level, of course.

You should be just fine on the carpet, just make sure when you set the stand, stay off the wall a little so your not on the tack strip under the carpet so the tank is level.
Almost 1500 lbs of just water plus everything else should hold up with out issues on a concert slab.
Sorry to hear about your battles, it's a nation wide pandemic and I personally would like to deal with bryopsis instead.

Thanks, I thought maybe set it up dry.See how level it is.Then fill with fresh water, and check for level as its filling.I will make sure that the supports in the middle got weight on them as well.So I guess I don't need to put down anything under stand.

Hate to hear someone losing their house, but isn't the dollar back in your pocket a little more important then a fish tank...?

Sn4k33y3z;981847 wrote: Hate to hear someone losing their house, but isn't the dollar back in your pocket a little more important then a fish tank...?

Not sure I follow you.Im not losing my house because of the tank.Health reasons are preventing me from being able to make the money I was making.I just don't want to give up something that I enjoy.Over the past 8 yrs I have had different things come up, and just viewed it as a challenge. Thats what I like about reef tanks, especially SPS corals. If all I had to do is sell my tank to keep my house, I would do it.That would make 1 house payment. Im 7 months behind.Thanks though for the thought. I just want to make sure the tank will be safe on the carpet.

If its a little un level once water starts going in from settling , use carpenter shims to level it up its a cheap east permanent fix to a potential issue .
Good luck with your move!

Back