Something's eating my hair algae!

skriz

Reaction score
I did a little pruning last week and fully expected everything to grow back in full force. However, something seems to be killing the hair algae. I am not doing anything different with feeding or water quality...

I have noticed the tangs have started to nip away at the stuff too. They haven't touched it, ever!

I did add 100 blue leg hermits from Tim...could it be?

In my professional opinion, I'd have to say ghosts. Or possibly a poltergeist. I'd call a catholic priest if I were you.

DannyBradley;108254 wrote: In my professional opinion, I'd have to say ghosts. Or possibly a poltergeist. I'd call a catholic priest if I were you.

in my totally unprofessional opinion &*($ that, keep those ghosts, maybe if you make 'em mad they'll scrape your glass too

LOL.these ghosts kick astroids! They have almost eliminated the hair algae! Simply amazing. I am running a special on un-holy ghost water, only three payments of $29,99per bottle. But wait, if you order in the next 30 minutes, I'll throw in the squirt fitting, a $29.99 value, absolutley free! We'll be running a demo at next week's meeting staring Bill Mays...

If it was the crabs, once the algae is gone they will start in on snails and each other next most likely. Good you got rid of that stuff though.

ha! if the crabs get rid of the hair algae, I almost don't care what else they eat next. But, being that these things are TINY, I think my snail can take them!

Maybe you can get some sort of large crab to eat the ghosts, you know, one that's easy to find and remove. Like one of those ghost eating horseshoe crabs that a 24" long.

DannyBradley;108501 wrote: Maybe you can get some sort of large crab to eat the ghosts, you know, one that's easy to find and remove. Like one of those ghost eating horseshoe crabs that a 24" long.

I do have a horsehoe crab in there! Although he's only 2". Haven't seen him in a while, but I can see where he's been. I figure I won't see him until he is 24" long! :eek:

Those guys are fun at 2". I used find them all the time when doing gravel siphons.

Back