Spectacular Platinum Percula

shadow

Market
Reaction score
Thanks to Tim at Keen's Reef, I am the proud owner of a pair of ORA's fantastic new release, the Platinum Percula. Pics and video coming soon!

moz-screenshot.jpg
alt="" />
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
351120=17198-Platinum Percula.jpg
>
351120=17198-Platinum Percula.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Platinum Percula.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

There is a Sponsor on R2R selling them for $750 EACH, although I know Tim's price is/was MUCH more reasonable than that.
Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJxXuE0Q1g">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJxXuE0Q1g</a>

Check out the youtube video. Below is ORA's discription of the platinum picasso.

The Platinum Percula is a nearly all white variation of the True Percula Clownfish. The result of years of selective breeding, the Platinum Percula is derived from our famous Picasso Clownfish. This striking white clownfish develops orange and then black fins as it matures, and retains some orange color in the face.

Not to be confused with the Snowflake Clownfish, which is actually A. ocellaris, the Platinum Percula shows none of the original stripes characteristic of the species. While the middle stripe of the Snowflake is wide and has jagged edges, the Platinum Percula is continuously white from head to tail. No other clownfish, from the wild or from breeders, has ever come close to appearance of the Platinum Percula.

This is the rarest of any clownfish color morph ever developed, and it will be the ultimate prize for any serious clownfish connoisseur. While experimenting with pairing new Picassos, even the breeders at ORA™ were surprised to find this extraordinary result.

As the juveniles began to grow-out we noticed the development of black fins on the rapid growers. At first the dorsal, pectoral, ventral and caudal fins appeared to be clear with some orange color. Then some black pigment appeared on the fins, as true perculas typically do produce more black color as they age. Finally we observed the full black fin color develop, and nothing looked more astonishing than black fins on a white clownfish. These fish will be shipped as juveniles with very little fin color, but expect to observe the full color develop over time.

I will be selling snowflake picasso seen in the video. $275. As for the price of the Platinums...Tim is always fair on his pricing. Call him I'm sure he will give you a deal on his next pair.

Platinum Picasso</em>? So was White Picasso</em> too racist? Or just too boring?

:D

Anyways, congrats on your new fish. Maybe the only person in the SouthEast with them currently!

Congrats...they will look amazing when they mature with black fins too. Awesome.

That's so cool! Wish I could get one, I'm sure that would burn a hole through my wallet.... But that's great that you have them! Now I can admire the Platinum Percs I never had! Lol.

Acroholic;351154 wrote: There is a Sponsor on R2R selling them for $750 EACH, although I know Tim's price is/was MUCH more reasonable than that.
Dave

:eek:

Oh I don't doubt you, David. I just know what cost is on them (and that's plenty steep enough). Even at that $750 for one is a wee bit steep, IMO.

ORA is limiting them to 2 per customer right now.

P.T. Barnum was right, people will buy anything that's limited to one per customer...

Supply and demand I guess...

That's a lot for a Nemo...

Jenn

JennM;351192 wrote: Oh I don't doubt you, David. I just know what cost is on them (and that's plenty steep enough). Even at that $750 for one is a wee bit steep, IMO.

ORA is limiting them to 2 per customer right now.

P.T. Barnum was right, people will buy anything that's limited to one per customer...

Supply and demand I guess...

That's a lot for a Nemo...

Jenn

I never thought you doubted me.:yes: Just wanted folks to see how some shops rape and pillage their customers just because something is brand new. Won't be an issue once folks like BobZ and others start breeding them. Prices will drop. You'd never see shops like yours or Tims's doing that.

Am I the only one dissapointed by them? They dont get me real excited or anything. Different but not overwhelmingly cool IMO. Maybe I would need to see them in person.

Cripey - I don't know if I have anybody in my customer list that would want one - even at "my" prices. I about spit my soda through my nose when I read the stock list yesterday.

While I think that price you linked is most certainly excessive - hey if there's somebody crazy enough to pay that, more power to 'em :) You never know - with that kind of limit, there could have been a bidding war on them, and that's what set the price. :::shrug:::

Jenn

I bet the adults are cooler looking with black fins. Didn't care for the pics posted on the R2R link though.

congrats. on your new 'bling' in your tank;

Not to rain on your parade either, but I 'm not really set back by them either...but to each his own and congrats. at any rate!

Back