Spider Web/Cotton Looking Stuff?

tshives26

Market
Reaction score
upenusen.jpg
alt="" />

This is starting to grow on my LR and was wondering if it is bad. Above the spider web looking stuff is thicker "mold" I guess that looks more like cotton. Anyone know what this is and if I should do something about it?

I almost want to say is extra bacteria growth. How new is rock that its on?? How new is your tank? And what are you feed and how much??

In some cases bacteria will grow if algae cant keep up with the amount of nutrients in the water. If this is the case its nothing bad but it isn't eye appealing. Take a Turkey baster and just blow it off

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Tank and rock are about a month old. I just started feeding it yesterday because I just added fish. I used a shrimp to start the ammonia cycle but that's long gone. If it is just not appealing to the eye, then I'm not worried about it and well just let it go. If someone thinks otherwise, please share.

well if this is your first fish in the tank then is most likely bacteria growing on the rock to establish itself. Honestly the the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate cycle is never over. Once something new is added then the cycle has to adjust itself to the new incoming waste in the tank. Like I said its most likely new bacteria growth and the cycle just adjusting itself

tshives26;952908 wrote: Tank and rock are about a month old. I just started feeding it yesterday because I just added fish. I used a shrimp to start the ammonia cycle but that's long gone. If it is just not appealing to the eye, then I'm not worried about it and well just let it go. If someone thinks otherwise, please share.

If you have a wrasse it is possible its from them. They can make a cocoon to sleep in ?
I see it with my fairy wrasses

No wrasses. From all the comments, it just seems to be bacteria growth. Thanks for all your help, just wanted to make sure it wasn't dangerous to my tank.

tshives26;952954 wrote: No wrasses. From all the comments, it just seems to be bacteria growth. Thanks for all your help, just wanted to make sure it wasn't dangerous to my tank.

I had this in my 90 gallon a few times, found out it was because my wife was spraying too many air fresheners in the house. Bacteria bloom possibly from the bad air exchange. It goes away on its own just make sure you are practicing good husbandry and have good clean air exchange.

Back