Spotcinctus Clownfish Spawned

danh

Market
Reaction score
This is my first experience with saltwater fish laying eggs. I've had this pair from Premier for over a year now. They were paired when I got them. They took to the RBTA that I got from am member immediately. I've had this 140g set up for about 3 months now. I'm still trying to get my alk and Ca dosing down. After an ATO dump a couple of weeks ago that put 5g of fully saturated kalkwasser plus most of the precipitate. Last Friday I finally decided to incorporate 2 part in along with the kalk. I started dosing Wednesday, pulling both up as much as I should in one day. By the time I got home yesterday I noticed them cleaning the rock and then by 10pm or so last night there were eggs.

I'd say the tank isn't understocked. 3 tangs, 2 clowns, starry blenny, only a few snails and hermits, 2 coral banded, sally lightfoot and a more recently added porcupine puffer who is behaving very well I'll add. I haven't done a single water change. My DIY algae scrubber is keeping NO3 at 2-3 and PO4 .04-.08. Good enough conditions for this I guess.

https://youtu.be/XLJnpI98dU8

Eggs are still there. I thought I had found 9 day to hatch.. It's been 11 now.

Back