Stand structural support

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
Alright, soooooo lets say I want to add a piece of equipment to my sump, but it wont fit without some modifications. I really over built my stand and would think what I want to do will work, but would like to get some input. Would it matter if I cut out the cross brace with the stain on it? The tank above is an acrylic tank and it sits on 3/4" flat plywood type wood. Seeing how the other braces (the left corner and center double jointed) are so close, do you think this would inpact the structural stability of the tank??? My other option is to cut a hole in the side of my stand to pull the sump out...and I'd have to redo some of the plumbing. Thoughts???

e7e6418b.jpg
alt="" />

the beam with the stain on it isnt weight bearing so go ahead. the two on either side of it however do have support vertically. That beam doesnt really bear anyweight as i can see. i've taken out beams from a lot less structaully intact stands.. you'll be ok on this one lee...your right that is overbuilt and the support is there from the remaing structures to be forgiving.. good luck:unsure:

slayer77;455430 wrote: good luck:unsure:

LOL, after all that reassurance, you add that at the end! AHHH! lol. Yeah I built this stand off specs for a 180 or 210, I can't remember. I do know that it was over built for that tank too. Mine is only a 140. Yeah I figured as much that it would be ok, just wanted to get some other input before I went hacking away :D Skimmer you say......hmmmm.....mayyyyyyyyyybe. Guess we'll see if things work out :confused2:

Back