stand support

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
40g B. Only 36" long... please tell me I don't need a support in the middle :)

Legs will be 4x4 and top 2x4.. everything planed out to be flat and sharp.

The top... I'm planning on lying the 2x4s flat to give plenty or room for the tank to sit on that lip that the trim creates.

of course everything will be braced up to hold a house and or 4 M1A1 tanks.

I have 40 breeder DIY stand...

Attached pic of frame built wide enough to hold two 40 breeders, no support in middle, but top and bottom pieces of wood turned on side:
20120128_120419.jpg

+1 to what Grouper said.

If you don't mind spending a few extra $$, here is a stand I made using some galvanized deck braces with 2x4 cross-members and and close to 4x4s for the legs. The galvanized brackets are available at Lowe's for a couple of bucks each. This was originally built for a 30g long, which is same length as your 40g breeder and did just fine without a center brace. Nice thing about this stand is it is easily changed to accommodate whatever size tank you want. I recently picked up a 60g breeder (48x24x12) and was able to change out the cross members to accommodate it, still without a center brace.

Here's the original...

DSC06680.jpg
alt="" />

Here's what it looks like now...

IMG978.jpg
alt="" />

Here's the stand by itself, so you can see better

IMG962.jpg
alt="" />

I'd really LIKE to keep the top flat.... But I can figure it out turned up I suppose...

I put this one together upside down on a very flat surface to make sure it was all flat and level...

DSC06671.jpg
alt="" />

Back