Store bought water

@york1 has good advice, find the salt with the parameters you want. I make and mix my own saltwater now and recommend it, but I never had any issues with store bought water from my LFS for the first 6 months I had my tank. I bought premixed salt water at first, then RODI that I mixed with my own salt, Red Sea Coral Pro, and then got my own RODI unit that I upgraded a year later to 7 stage and moved to Tropic Marin Classic when I was ready to start dosing. BRS has a cost video, the good salts are all pretty close to each other in price. If you don't maintain your own RO/DI system after you purchase one, your water quality can drift so be diligent about it.

Hi. I have and purchasing premixed water from one of my local stores since I’ve had my tank. Because some of my more recent corals have been a little bit more pricey I’ve decided to check my parameters. I also tested the store-bought water before I added tonight and got these numbers

4.5 alkalinity
7.4 PH
440 calcium
2 phosphate
Magnesium test should be in tomorrow, I’ll check it then.

what are y’all thoughts on the Phosphate, alkalinity, and PH?

id rather alkalinity be A little over 8.

Should I start mixing my own salt? What brand if so.
Those numbers are just scary...

This build, I’m piping mixing & dumping barrels in from a garage mixing station, with it’s own DI water supply. All controlled & monitored by an Apex.

There is also a Masterflex peristaltic pump to do continuous water changes. That will be monitored & controlled by the Apex too, via 1/4 inch flow sensors. As will the ATO/sump.

I’m even thinking about wiring in a rain sensor. So, I can run a line down the side of the driveway to the street & automatically pump out the old water whenever it rains. ;)

My days of mixing & hauling water are done!

This build, I’m piping mixing & dumping barrels in from a garage mixing station, with it’s own DI water supply. All controlled & monitored by an Apex.

There is also a Masterflex peristaltic pump to do continuous water changes. That will be monitored & controlled by the Apex too, via 1/4 inch flow sensors. As will the ATO/sump.

I’m even thinking about wiring in a rain sensor. So, I can run a line down the side of the driveway to the street & automatically pump out the old water whenever it rains. ;)

My days of mixing & hauling water are done!
You're going to love my setup. I'm getting close to having the sump room done and will be setting everything up soon. I'll be posting up some pic of the build.

Back