Stupid, stupid me!!!

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Wow. I poured the salt in first and then turned on my RO/DI to fill it and mix it at the same time... I sat there looking at the 100g $30 worth of water thinking... Why is it not clear???? Oohhhhh... the calcium and magnesium have turned into rocks because being supersaturated in water, since the water was filled slowly with all the salt in it.

This is the second 100g pot of water I have to pour on my lawn. crap! :stupid:

Thekid55;58912 wrote: it should mix all in after a day.

Why? If you can tell me why "it should mix all after a day" then I would give you my entire reef tank and equiptment. I can tell you from years of reefing and Chemistry labs that once these reactions take place it does not go the other way unless you present some kind of acid or stupid high heat.

You keep posting these meaningless short comments on TRT and ARC for some reasons and it's not helping anyone. Why do it?

BTW it's been mixing with a mag 9.5 for 2.5 days already.

ouling;58892 wrote: Wow. I poured the salt in first and then turned on my RO/DI to fill it and mix it at the same time....Oohhhhh... the calcium and magnesium have turned into rocks because being supersaturated in water, since the water was filled slowly with all the salt in it.

Several years ago when we had a meeting at Aquarium Showcase and Seachem was the featured speaker, Steve Shindell asked the Seachem rep, what I thought was a rather silly question:roll: , but I soon recognized that it was a really good question. It was: "When making a new batch of saltwater, do you add salt to the water or water to the salt?"

The rep answered: "Always</em> add salt to water." The rep went on to explain that if the water was added to the salt, then there would be abnormally high concentrations of ions and there could be some precipitate and other problems. He urged us to always add salt to water to avoid any issues.

So I'll have to figure out how to give Steve a +1 Rep Pt. :up:

Just goes to show that there is always something that you can learn from others. I'm always learning. That's just one of several reasons for the nickname that I chose for myself.

Bob

I really hope that you are not pouring the salt water on your lawn and that was a joke. That is a great way to kill your grass.

I want to kill the weeds near the driveway and the saltwater is doing a good job of it.

yes amazingly i was surprised to see my old saltwater kill my grass. However I have a mediterranean palm tree that loves old salt water.

ouling;58916 wrote: Why? If you can tell me why "it should mix all after a day" then I would give you my entire reef tank and equiptment. I can tell you from years of reefing and Chemistry labs that once these reactions take place it does not go the other way unless you present some kind of acid or stupid high heat.

You keep posting these meaningless short comments on TRT and ARC for some reasons and it's not helping anyone. Why do it?

BTW it's been mixing with a mag 9.5 for 2.5 days already.

Is this really necessary?!? Please take comments like this to PM in the future...

Xyzpdq0121;58997 wrote: Is this really necessary?!? Please take comments like this to PM in the future...

I agree. There's no need to flame on these boards. Keep the personal insults to yourself next time.

How is that flame? Where do you see a personal insult? Why would someone provide the wrong information to fellow member when he/she do not even know it themselves? If you don't know it then please don't post it, if I was noob and get this water into my tank then it would have caused a serious water chemistry problem and kill my livestock. That is a well said comment and it certainly would saved others from falling in for faulty advice. And don't get me started about what he said about drilling my tank.

XYZ, the tone you use in response in most of my threads are not any better than what I use now.

I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just "Crewman Number Six." I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here.

Ouling it did appear personal. Read your comment again and think about it. The word "meaningless" is not usually taken very well. Right or wrong he was trying to help. Loosen up a little.

I read the comment as personal attack and noticed you threadcrapped in his ebay post. Maybe your having a bad day....

I Agree Thats It Seemed A Lil On Called For.we R All Here To Help Each Other,and Thats All I Saw The Kid Trying To Do.

I've seen a whoooooooole lotta answers on this forum that were a whoooooole lot different from the next answer or the previous answer.

I've learned to pretty much take absolutely nothing someone tells me as 100% factual, true or accurate. But every answer I've gotten leads me to better learn how to research and, right or wrong, will point me in one direction or another to dig a little deeper.

And... so often we repeat something that was told to US when we were new or something we've read in a book that we've misinterpreted or fogotten half of or whatever.

But, yeah... we still try to help. Especially when so many on here have helped us to begin with.

If someone tells me the sky is magenta with green and yellow polka dots, maybe I'll just say "okie-dokie... you could be right, but please don't be offended if I do just a little bit more research"

:D

[P.S. ~ and a smart guy I know pointed out to me my first day on this forum: "just because someone has a high number of posts, that doesn't mean that person is an expert; do your own research."

If someone tells me the sky is magenta with green and yellow polka dots, maybe I'll just say "okie-dokie... you could be right, but please don't be offended if I do just a little bit more research

If the sky was that color then it would be a "Alien eye, Watermelon" challice! :lol2:

Ouling,

I am sorry that you think that the tone I use in my threads to you is the same that you have shown above. Most of the time the tone I use in most of my threads to you is "You got to be kidding me.... No really, You GOT to be ******* KIDDING me!!!" If that was the tone you meant above, then I appoligize!!!

At any rate, I do not think that your response to TheKid55's "meaningless" post was very necessary and I decided to ask you to please refrain from comments such as that. If you feel like that was an unfair request or that I am in the wrong or that I misunderstood what "tone" you were using, please send me a PM and I will be more then happy to hear you out.

I pour saltwater (skimmate/green goo) on my grass all the time in my back yard. It does not kill mine at all - the opposite. It greens up areas where I pour it. (I initially thought it might at first also)

Back