Stupid, stupid me!!!

I'll take ouling's side because I like conflict :). Kidding aside, personal or not, when someone tells you that you're wrong, and you're more experienced and obviously not wrong, you need to let them and others know to avoid real problems. Judging from the response, Ouling got his point across.

Also, thekid55 could have phrased it better himself out of respect when addressing someone more experienced i.e. 'Give it a day, it might all mix together.' or 'Won't it mix after enough time?' But the again... he is just a kid.

DannyBradley;59158 wrote: Kidding aside, personal or not, when someone tells you that you're wrong, and you're more experienced and obviously not wrong,

Also, thekid55 could have phrased it better himself out of respect when addressing someone more experienced

First off, I do not know Thekid's level of experience and "experience" is open to subjective interpertation... Second, We all know "experienced" people who do not know everything. I made a simple request that Ouling be mindful of his post and take any problems that he might have from TRT or elsewhere up with thekid in privite... Or ignore the advice. Problem solved!

I'm actually glad that someone caught this besides me. We all make mistakes and sometimes that mistake is giving incorrect advice. If everyone failed to give help because they were not 100% certain they were right... then there would be no help. I gather all information (right and wrong) I can before making a decision, but it is MY final decision. Unless I have reason to believe someone is maliciously <span style="font-family: &quot;"></span>giving me bad info... I appreciate the attempt to help.

ouling i see your standpoint. People need to stop being so sensitive on here and chill.

There are cases when people are trying to help and we all respect and appreciate it. That is a different case. I seriously doubt any research or effort have been put in before he posted that comment which could have caused hundreds of dollars worth of damage. Also, if research have been done then that comment obviously wouldn't have been made. You cannot just give advise out the back of your head just because you think it's right with no experience and no knowledge about it whatsoever. That is just spaming posts and pretending to know. If someone was to ask: "Can I just mix alk and calcium sup together and dose it via drip box when i'm out of town?" If I said it should be okay, no problem. The person with the reef tank come back home from vacation find all his corals dead, then I would be liable in some way or another. You must take into account the magnitude of the advise you're giving. If I asked: 'do you think this fish is pretty?' then all comments are accepted. In this post I started with Stupid Stupid Me, you should already take the hint that I've done something wrong, and telling others not to make the same mistake. TheKid here is trying to tell me it's okay to use it water because it'll clear up.

Well calcium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide etc. never clears up, it'll just fall to the bottom if there is no flow. The alk in that water is 3-4dkh, and calcium is at 280. The magnesium of the water is also seriously low, tested at 1080ppm. So while you sit and thinking, I've just done a water change, everything should be fine for a few days and not test the alk, all your corals will probably RTN in the next week or so. They'll keep adding sup and wondering why everything is out of wack. Well, it's the faulty advise of TheKid55.

Ouling, you do have a valid point. I don't think anyone will disagree. I think the point is that you should try to discredit thekid, just correct him and let us all learn from it. And thanks for the post... this salt/water... water/salt is news to me. :)

I think it's pretty clear that the majority felt that your comment was out of line (and I'll agree). Please just keep your tone appropriate and consider your wording when you don't agree with something. Everyone here is an expert in something, and I doubt any of us are experts in reef-keeping.

Back