SubFloor

Good stuff, glad I asked. I have awhile before I put my tank there. I still have to beak down and sell my 125, then get the hardwood floors refinished, and THEN I get to begin my new build.
I'll start a new build Thread when I get closer. I really apperciate the help guys.

- Allen

within 5 or 6 feet will be fine if you want. :)
Make it somewhat easy on yourself and build a sump room under the tank, and let the wall to the center of the house be the bearing point. :)

wbrown;726117 wrote: within 5 or 6 feet will be fine if you want. :)
Make it somewhat easy on yourself and build a sump room under the tank, and let the wall to the center of the house be the bearing point. :)
Good call:up:

Was already ahead of you on the basement being the sump room. Since I have plenty of "stuff" going on upstairs I've already begun to build my sump room.

that is about the only thing I envy ya'll Atlanteans, If I tried a basement it would be an under house swimming pool.
keep the traffic.. :)

If you are already framing the gear room under the approximate area under the tank, you're already way ahead. Keep the stud joints tight so you reduce settlement under compression and you are golden.

wbrown;726146 wrote: that is about the only thing I envy ya'll Atlanteans, If I tried a basement it would be an under house swimming pool.
keep the traffic..

If you are already framing the gear room under the approximate area under the tank, you're already way ahead. Keep the stud joints tight so you reduce settlement under compression and you are golden.

You mean houses in Hephhi....Heppzi...Hephaz...how ever you say it, don't have basements? ;)

There's a few around, but our water table is too close to the surface. My location borders wetlands, so in my case it's not happenin'. :)
I do miss a basement.

BASSCYN;726221 wrote: You mean houses in Hephhi....Heppzi...Hephaz...how ever you say it, don't have basements? ;)
I'd say from just south of Macon down you would be hardpressed to find a basement, mostly crawl spaces or on slabs.

<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">You could always add one of these. It’s a little over kill but better safe than sorry. Those engineered joist will hold more than standard 2x’s but if the tank were to be in the middle of the room you would need something. You should be good as the load would transfer to the footing under the wall BUT you said 24” OC that part is pushing it. You could span whole basement under the floor joist with the extra header or just the tank area. I would go past the tank a bare minimal of 1 joist each side but prefer 2 joist. Run it parallel to the outside wall and perpendicular to the joist 24” to 36” off the wall. This will help with deflection and room bounce. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">As for the waterbed… I have one and have had it in a 16’ wide trailer before with no problems as it has a very large foot print. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">As others have stated when in doubt and don’t want to chance it pay someone to come out. </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">
0925011345.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

Back