Success with Ocellaris Clownfish in what Anemones?

Barbara;357775 wrote: Who knows what makes the bubble tips bubble?!?!?! This question has plagued us for a while and there are a few different opinions. Both pics you posted are RBTAs. It is not a bad thing when the BTA doesn't bubble; nothing to be alarmed over.

A green one (GBTA) will be cheaper and easier to find. In fact, I think Budsreef has a green one that splits often. You might shoot him a PM to ask about it. Simon Kruger also had a GBTA, but I think he may have rehomed his. Your best bet would be just to say "Looking for a BTA; don't care what color", and see what the club members have to offer.

I wouldn't get that one on Saltwaterfish.com. It looks bleached. I've always had great success with LiveAquaria and would recommend them, but you will probably have just as much luck finding one locally, or maybe even in a sponsor store. Matt at Creation Reef has a number of BTAs for around $40 or $50 (can't remember for sure), but it's a long drive for you from Duluth. I'm not sure how close you are to Tim at Keen Reef, but he might have a GBTA that he'd let go fairly cheap if you're close to him.

Thanks so much for all the info! I know there's nothing wrong when the tips don't bubble, but I find it more attractive when they do. I've heard great things about Liveaquaria, so I know that's good. Of course, I've heard nems don't ship well. Creation and Keen aren't that far, and I've made the trip to both. It's just finding the time. But now, I'm desperate to get a nem, so it's ok. I'l definatley talk to Bud and Simon. Thanks so much again!!!!! And I think I will post a WTB!

Nope. It usually resembles an LTA, but red. LilRobb has one that stays bubbled all the time and is bright pink. If anybody could figure out what makes them stay bubbled, they'd be a hero.

Pink? That's impressive. You mean like this:
BubbleTipAnemonePink.jpg
alt="" />

What do you feed them? And how do you feed them? Do you just target feed them with a turkey baster or something?

Yes, pink like that. It's a beautiful one.

I feed mine silversides, 3/4 of one twice a week.

Wow. Those must be rare..... Can you feed it lots of mysis? I dunno where I can get silversides....

I think you can, but it can grab larger pieces very well. Any LFS (including the chains if you must) should have silversides.

andregarcia_73;358075 wrote: Where did you get the pink one and for how much? My wife would love a pink one!

If you mean me, mine is deeper red:

DSC_0483.jpg
alt="" />

The pink one I mentioned is another member's, who got it when yet another member's split.

See what I mean about lack of bubbles? This is what "she" looks like 98% of the time. Even when she does "bubble", it is nowhere NEAR as drastic as the pic of the pink one above.

andregarcia_73;358105 wrote: Either way its beautiful! I would love to know when yours splits. I call dibs. Lol

Thanks. The first split goes to Mark (FlyingArmy) when he gets home since this one is a child of his that he had to sell when he got deployed. If it splits again, you got dibs.

andregarcia_73;358075 wrote: Where did you get the pink one and for how much? My wife would love a pink one!

I don't know. I think he said Lil Robb has one, but I found that one on the internet. Great valentines gift! I know I would want it!

cr500_af;358113 wrote: Thanks. The first split goes to Mark (FlyingArmy) when he gets home since this one is a child of his that he had to sell when he got deployed. If it splits again, you got dibs.

Nice RBTA there Barry. I am quite sure that Mark will like a baby off his 'nem. I hope that whoever has his original one takes good care of it.

chefrepo;358626 wrote: Nice RBTA there Barry. I am quite sure that Mark will like a baby off his 'nem. I hope that whoever has his original one takes good care of it.

I'm sure they will... they seemed concerned that this one go to a good home. I've gone to great pains to take care of it, and I got quite a scare during my pH spike but it only pouted for a few days. :thumbs:

Mark's wife got some visitation Sunday at my little girl's birthday party.

radha;358709 wrote: What about this nem? Will they host this? http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=2918&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4">http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=2918&parent_category=4&category_search=63&root_parent_id=4</a>[/QUOTE]

I think what you're going to run in to is that you just never know. Especially if the clowns are tank raised, it's completely a roll of the dice if they'll host anything at all. Some do right away, some take months to "find" it, and some will never host at all.

Back