Such thing as 'too much' new water?

Just to throw ideas out there...throttling two pumps way down and put one in each tank and swap water from each tank of a period of a couple of days or even a week. That and Oz's idea should reduce the shock of everything. If you have a spare timer, it might help automate things a bit.
-or-
if you can add extra sump capacity, say like adding a 55 gallon barrel and drip the new water in ( I have a spare one or two with 1.5 inch drains on the bottom if you need).

Any change has a bit of risk to it, and sitting here at my computer telling you what to do is pretty easy, I don't have to live with consequences. But by making small changes seems like the safest way to play it.

I've ran the valve open for a total of 5 minutes (2-3 smaller periods) so far and think this is going to be just fine. Turned out MD sent me the dimmable fixture instead of standard which I paid for minus 15%. Told me to just keep it if I wanted it ... Even the used ones go for more than I paid for this. Now I just have to figure out what goes under those lights vs the MHs/T5s.

Really appreciate everyone's help!!

Back