Suggestion for March Power buy

I agree. I can hold off buying stuff for a while and it would be nice to know what is coming up even if it is only a possibility.

Maveri9720 wrote: Alan, can you let us know what next month's is going to be? I would hate for someone else, or myself for that matter, buy something now and find out in a couple weeks that we are having a powerbuy for the same thing.

Thanks again for stepping up and helping all of us out by being the go-to guy for powerbuys. :up:

I believe he's waiting on final details before the official announcement. It would really suck for us to say, "youre getting this deal.... wait, no youre not."

I will be posting it the day after the meeting if it is alright with Mr. President. LOL> Just kidding I am making sure everything is in order before I post

I can see not wanting to let the cat out of the bag before you know for sure, but a hint with a disclaimer would be nice.

tsciarini wrote: I believe he's waiting on final details before the official announcement. It would really suck for us to say, "youre getting this deal.... wait, no youre not."

That's fine and I totally understand the whole "fallout" thing.

I also agree with Cameron too though. Something I would like to see is maybe a proposed list of powerbuy stuff for the next 3 or 6 months, to give everyone an idea of might might be coming up. Again, like Cameron said, I am most willing to wait on buying something, if I know there will be a powerbuy down the road for it. In this hobby, you need to save money any place you can.

Maybe start a thread and ask around as to what people would like to see as items for powerbuys in the future, make a list of them, post up the things that came up the most and have a tentative list for the upcoming months to work on for powerbuys.

I'm sure I am making more work for Alan and he'll kick my butt at this meeting, but also, I think it might alleviate some work too. Having a known list of what the majority of the club members would like to see in powerbuys makes it easier to call/email places and ask them if they can run a powerbuy on any of these "X" (5-6) items, as opposed to only one. This way, things can be planned ahead of time and bumps in the road can be compensated for before the upcoming meetings.

Just a thought though. Let me know whatcha think.

I agree with all the above statements. I can't give a list of upcoming power buys, but I can give a maybe with disclaimer each month before the official post. "MAYBE" Aprils Power Buy will be on lighting...bulbs MH, T-5... Please PM me if you have any problems or questions.

Alan

I'm sorry everyone,

Someone informed the bulb people that we are thinking of purchasing alot of bulbs for aquariums and they shut down all bulb distributions.

Yep ATL Reefers Strike again...

;)

j/k I'd like some bulbs as well :)

/d

showthread.php

Back