Suggestions on how to attack these issues

Danh;1101155 wrote: I didn't do the math and I guess I didn't have a good feel for how that math would work. I guess I need to mix my water hot and do water changes. ATO isn't going to do it.

I'm going to have to transfer everything to another tank anyway. I guess it'll be a much better plan to move things to the 40g or whatever I end up using and then bring up the salinity there. I may drain 20% or so of the tank tonight and leave it without the sump running to start drying the stand some more. I'd have to leave it overnight without a skimmer, just running the powerheads. I'll remove the sump and assess the damage.

If I can get the 40g tomorrow, I'll move everything to the 40g and continue increasing salinity there. I'll try to get my skimmer a spot in the 40g to sit on something so I can use it there.

I'm fairly good with the math part but I've found the calculators on the site invaluable. You should book mark it. At the top of the page are the categories. For salinity there are 7 different calculators alone.
https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/">https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/</a>

[QUOTE=][B]Danh;1101158 wrote:[/B] I don't think the 55 will fit in my car. I can meet you around lunch time though.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have time to get the tanks loaded in my truck this morning. If you want to meet today we'd have to do it at my house otherwise I can do it tomorrow or Thursday. I live very close to where Sugarloaf ends at Peachtree Ind. Blvd.

And now I can see the water on the ceiling below the tank... wonderful....

Thanks for the 55g, Adam. I'll get everything moved over tonight. I'll move the 90g clean up some more and then comes attacking it from underneath and pulling out the ceiling.... bluh....

Everyone is moved over the to the 55g. I had to bring my diamond goby to work to my 5g since I didn't move the sand to the 55g. He's made a mess of the fine sand in that tank. It's clearing up though.

Everyone and all of the coral seem find in the 55g. I move two large pieces of pukani and tonga as well as the two baskets of rubble from my sump. Some of my zoas and lps aren't getting much light... so I may try to add my jbj light to help give that side of the 55g some light. I made a little frag rack for my sps to sit right up near the light and in the water flow... and thankfully my giant rbta hasn't wanted to move yet.

The bottom of the stand is shot. I've got to replace the bottom piece. Oddly, there was almost no water directly under the tank. It all came out the back side and in to my office where it seeped through to the ceiling below. Seeping seems to have stopped and it's really only a stain on the ceiling. It didn't do much damage.

I'm glad you got everything transferred over. Just a thought, you might want to consider installing an acrylic pan in the bottom of the tank once everything is repaired. It may save you from it happening again.

I have enough acrylic to do it.. I may try... I don't want to take that extra time, but I probably need it... In this case though, I still would have had a mess

If you have the material and time it's worth the effort IMHO. They are pretty easy to put together with Weldon 3 or even 16 (a little sloppier). :)

I made my own sump... I know I can... It will just take an extra day... But I may be able to do that as I'm re-curing the rock that I put in the tub.. I assume that's going to have some die off. I should have prepped better and put that in another small tank...... BLUH...

I want a slightly taller stand anyway... I'd also like one with a counter around it.... I guess I need to make a whole new stand. I can build the main frame of the stand pretty quickly and then just skin it afterwards probably, right? That way I can get back in business more quickly.

I think I'd skin it in distressed type wood on the outside to match the barn door the tank is beside. Thoughts about what to put inside and how to make sure I make a frame that can handle a 6-8" counter around two sides?

20160602_214335_zpszacysp99.jpg
alt="" /></a>

This is what the door looks like from the other side.
20160530_161934_zpsgcwn5p14.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Back