Sump Baffles

silentdeath5

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. I've just gotten back into saltwater after moving to GA for a year and starting my build. I was wondering if you guys can give me some places to have glass cut for my sump baffles for a good price. I know that Lowes does cut glass but as I remember, the glass they have is a bit thin. I live in Winder close to Athens and Lawrenceville so if you know of any place, just let me know. Thanks all

welcome to the ARC first of all, your best bet for thicker glass would be to find a glass company close to you.
depending on the size of the sump it shouldn't be that costly.
I don't know your side of town too well so I can't point you to where to go, but there is lots of folks on your side that would chime in later that i'm sure could help.
good luck with the new build and happy reefing!

MYREEFCLUB0070;1053310 wrote: welcome to the ARC first of all, your best bet for thicker glass would be to find a glass company close to you.
depending on the size of the sump it shouldn't be that costly.
I don't know your side of town too well so I can't point you to where to go, but there is lots of folks on your side that would chime in later that i'm sure could help.
good luck with the new build and happy reefing!

+1 just about any glass company can cut per your specifications. I've had several custom pieces cut for me and it's pretty cheap. For example a 48 X 8 X 3/8" tempered glass with tapered and smooth edges cost me $48. I would just call around near you and get a quote.

I can't recommend a place in Winder, but I know when I lived in Marietta I had a shop in town cut 3 baffles for my old tank for about $25.

Can also get thick acrylic pieces cut at lowes, thats what I did. Turned out great in my 40b

Thanks. I decided to get some glass cut from a local family and picking it up today. Always good to help out the little guys

There is a place in Downtown Buford that does my cutting for 3 dollars a cut regardless of the length. They will not cut anything over a 1/2 inch thickness.

Its NGA Window and Door
29 E Moreno St, Buford, GA 30518
(404) 368-0805

Back