Sump issues

atticusfit

Market
Reaction score
Recently purchased eshoppes adv-100. I'm having a huge problem with micro bubbles in display. No skimmer, just sump. Anyone know about these issues?

Without seeing pictures, my first thought is to raise the water level in your return chamber.

Because of me tight quarters with sump pic would be hard to get clear ones. Water level is actually higher than recommend.

I think those sumps usually have a sponge that goes between the return chamber baffles. Using it?

JBDreefs;1072474 wrote: I think those sumps usually have a sponge that goes between the return chamber baffles. Using it?

+1 If you don't have a sponge you can use live rock rubble. But, if you don't use a filter sock you will get detritus building up in that section.

That sump should have a sponge between the middle and return chamber, the water should be low enough in the return that it flows from the middle and down through the sponge removing bubbles. I have the slightly larger version and my return chamber was way to full to start.

-c

i have been fighting bubbles for about 3 weeks now. yes have the foam baffles it came with. Eshopps suggested install a ball valve and throttling back the drain, problem with this is that it almost overflows my tank

sounds to me like your sucking air from somewhere.
* what type of pump do you have?
* what type of pumping do you have soft or hard (plastic tubing or pvc)

MYREEFCLUB0070;1073977 wrote: sounds to me like your sucking air from somewhere.
* what type of pump do you have?
* what type of pumping do you have soft or hard (plastic tubing or pvc)

rio 2500 pump and pvc piping

Back