Sump leaking

Dmitri

Market
Reaction score
I'm in a need of assistance.  50 gallon sump has a slow leak. I'm not sure where and in a need of assistance to come up with solutions for this problem. Ideally I don't want to take the entire system apart.

Anyone one out there can assist me with plan of action? I'm in Acworh

thanks!

Don't know if you've found a solution yet, but I'd try lowering the water level to identify the location and go from there.

I'm in a need of assistance. 50 gallon sump has a slow leak. I'm not sure where and in a need of assistance to come up with solutions for this problem. Ideally I don't want to take the entire system apart.

Anyone one out there can assist me with plan of action? I'm in Acworh

thanks!

I can't think of a way to stop a leaking sump while it's still in place and active. Is it leaking at a seam or do you have bulkheads? Bulkheads are easily replaced - if it's a seam - personally I would replace it.

Is the sump acrylic or glass? If it’s acrylic should be no problem dealing with it without removing.

It really depends where its leaking from... and to what degree. I'm assuming its not a severe leak or you would already know where its coming from... So if its a tiny leak then salt creep will plug it up for you. A few of my pvc connections were done in haste and salt creep has taken care of the tiny leaks for me :) Also, if its a lil more severe it is possible to seal some minor leaks using crazy glue or silicone.

I have successfully sealed an acrylic sump by lowering the water level below the leak, using a shop vac to suck all water out of the crack, then using the wet vac again to suck weldon through the crack. After it bonded I added more that was suckd into the crack by capilary effect. Thr most important part is thr crack must be entirely dry first if using weldon.

I have successfully sealed an acrylic sump by lowering the water level below the leak, using a shop vac to suck all water out of the crack, then using the wet vac again to suck weldon through the crack. After it bonded I added more that was suckd into the crack by capilary effect. Thr most important part is thr crack must be entirely dry first if using weldon.

PVC glue works fine on acrylic as well. Ive used the method you described and then just dabbed on a ton of heavy duty PVC glue, let it dry for an hour and filled it back up. Ive done this on at least 8 sumps and never had an issue afterwards.

That is pretty ingenuitve I’m going to remember that

Back