sump light

photokid

Market
Reaction score
i am looking for a cheap light to light some softies in my sump. i would like to know what people have used in the past; it need it to be small and low heat.

http://www.melevsreef.com/fuge_bulb.html">http://www.melevsreef.com/fuge_bulb.html</a>

That link should do it.

G'luck!

I think this is it:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
43994=2626-5100k_bulb.jpg
>
43994=2626-5100k_bulb.jpg
class="gc-images" title="5100k_bulb.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I tried to look for that light at HD and couldnt find it. I went with a coil light and a cheap-o reflector from HD. The light is 5100K 65 or 75W I cant remember and it only uses like 16W. My cheato and sea grapes seem to love the light! I know Marc was talking about heat with that reflector, but honestly I havnt noticed much of a heat release from it. Tho if you do find that encased bulb, I think it would be wise to go that route and no reflector. Just make sure you get the bulb that has the full reflective inside, there are two types, one has a full reflective inside and one has a dull looking coat, I'll assume (and this is only because I know the properties of lighting from my job) but the dull coat wont give you the same effect as the shiny one that that pic above has. There was one with that shiny coat at the HD I went to but the K rating was around 2700. You could go with that bulb but as Marc states youre going to get about 1/2 maybe less of growth on your macros.

GE makes a 6500K PC bulb with a regular socket base that I had Candy Cane frags under for a few months. The mini bit of toadstool on one frag grew quite nicely. You can find them at HD and Lowes, but they're cheapest at Wal-Mart.

I sware by the 5100K bulb. I had to order it odd the net but the growth rate of my Macro compared to a 6500K bulb is night and day!

mufret;44017 wrote: Wal Mart carries the 6500k PC coil bulbs as well.
Yes, though Lowes and HD carry the GE bulbs, you can get them for 1/2 as much at Wal Mart in 2 packs.

Back